Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Recording an ongoing program

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mawingo

Mawingo

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:04 AM

My Motorola box when I had TWC would record the entire show that was already in progress. IE. if a show starts at seven (whether it be a movie, news, show, etc.) and I walk in a few minutes later and decide I want to record it, I'd press Record and it would start from the beginning of the show.
W. the 622, it just starts where you press record. Am I sol on this functionality with the 622? Comes in handy sometimes.

To clarify: this is for when the box is already on. I can press rewind and catch the beginning, but I can't record from the beginning... or can I.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:12 AM

To clarify: this is for when the box is already on. I can press rewind and catch the beginning, but I can't record from the beginning... or can I.

Check the 'Options' button. One of the options is 'Record Entire Event'. Sometimes that choice isn't available based on where in the program you are.

#3 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:52 AM

If the box is already on, and on that channel you can definitely record the entire show. What I do is Rew back to the point I want to start recording, hit record, and then select record remainder of event. It will start from the point you are currently at.
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

#4 OFFLINE   Mawingo

Mawingo

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:20 AM

If the box is already on, and on that channel you can definitely record the entire show. What I do is Rew back to the point I want to start recording, hit record, and then select record remainder of event. It will start from the point you are currently at.

excellent, thx for the tip.

spam firewall