Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Missing OTA programs...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   grooves12

grooves12

Godfather

• Registered
  • 483 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:54 PM

I have a 622 with L403... not sure when it was updated, but about two weeks ago, my OTA recordings are not showing up in the recorded shows list. I only record two shows OTA from my CW network, and when I checked the recording history they show as completed in the list, but are not anywhere to be found on the system.... and NO, they weren't deleted.

This happened last week too, and I thought it might be some kind of anomoly becuase it never happened before, but the same thing happened this week. Could this be related to the 403 update?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:31 AM

Look at your history.. do you show them recorded? See any indication of deleted.

Do you use locks? Are you showing any locked events. If so, check those to see if they are your programs. Long shot....

Other than that.. need more info and suggest looking in your history to see if they recorded.... Also, try a hard reboot and see if they return.

Are you missing any other programs from other channels?
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#3 OFFLINE   oljim

oljim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:28 AM

This is a problem with some ota local stations, I found if you sched them as a weekly event they will record.
If you put them as all,or new they donot record

#4 OFFLINE   cummingsje

cummingsje

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:46 AM

Another potential issue I have noticed when recording OTA is if you happen to do a re-scan of OTA make sure you check any OTA timers you may have (especially if one is scheduled to fire soon after). The way around this is to immediately do a "check switch" to initiate a guide download. If you don't eventually your timers will be in order but I have seen it take up to a couple of hours.

#5 OFFLINE   Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:55 AM

This is a problem with some ota local stations, I found if you sched them as a weekly event they will record.
If you put them as all,or new they donot record

I have the same issue as oljim(we are in the same area) with missing timers. Setting them up as "weekly" instead of "all" or "new" seems to have fixed the issue for me.
65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500

#6 OFFLINE   grooves12

grooves12

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 483 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:51 AM

Look at your history.. do you show them recorded? See any indication of deleted.

Do you use locks? Are you showing any locked events. If so, check those to see if they are your programs. Long shot....

Other than that.. need more info and suggest looking in your history to see if they recorded.... Also, try a hard reboot and see if they return.

Are you missing any other programs from other channels?

Well, in the history it shows as "Done" with the correct Start/Stop times.... but there is no AV recorded/stopped times like all my other timers.

No locks are used.

Everything else is showing up fine... but I only record two programs OTA from the same channel. So I only notice them when these shows aren't recorded.

spam firewall