Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How many lines needed from satelite

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   sortsol

sortsol

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:19 AM

Yes the RG6 cable you already have is fine. Yes if you would like you could just run 1 line to the HR20 and 2 lines to the TiVo. Then if you want when the SWM (single wire multi-switch) comes out later this year you could get that and add it into your system. But you would need the 4th line from the dish to the multi-switch. That can be installed outside and then the installer could connect to the outputs the 3 lines that are going into the house. Then you would only need one cable to the HR20 and be able to use both tuners.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I'll probably install the 4th line anyway (if it's possible). I'm not that worried about the dual tuners right now. I'm going to have my regular tivo at the same location as my hr20 so I can take advantage of all the other features of an enhanced tivo. The HR20 is just for high definition content and I only have 2 lines for that anyway (one from the dish and the other from my room antenna for OTA high def). So I really can't use the dual tuners right now anyway and will have to wait for SWM to come out.

I would like to have the 4th line added thought right now because I'm sure I'll want high def in more than one location in my house anyay.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...