Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

N.O. No HD golf on WDSU for TPC?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   guitarjim

guitarjim

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:12 PM

I am not getting golf on WDSU today in HD. I called a friend who subscribes to a cable service and he's getting it in HD. Is it just me? Is it a HR20 issue? Is it a D* problem? Is it a WDSU problem? Does anyone know?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   John4924

John4924

Icon

• Registered
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

I am not getting golf on WDSU today in HD. I called a friend who subscribes to a cable service and he's getting it in HD. Is it just me? Is it a HR20 issue? Is it a D* problem? Is it a WDSU problem? Does anyone know?

I "believe" it is HD, but someone in the studio at WDSU forgot to "switch" to 16x9. This organization is pitiful. FWIW, I am watching it on 33.1 WVLA out of Baton Rouge using my antenna. I refuse to support anything concerning wdsu!:(

6 on your side? indeed!

Cheers,
John

#3 OFFLINE   dclaryjr

dclaryjr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:57 PM

Can't reply to the question but I have a question for you N.O. guys. I grew up in New Orleans and the sportcasters in my day were Wayne Mack on WDSU, Hap Glaudi on WWL, and Buddy Diliberto on the ABC affiliate (don't remember the call letters). Any idea if any of these guys are still living above ground level (an above ground crypt at the foot of Canal St. doesn't count).
Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX
http://davidclary.com
HR24-200
HR21-100
H-23 x 2
JVC 56FN70 1080P LCOS
37" 1080P Sharp Aquos)
Two old TVs to be replaced with HD by end of year
Overpriced AV with psuedo-surround

#4 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:55 PM

Can't reply to the question but I have a question for you N.O. guys. I grew up in New Orleans and the sportcasters in my day were Wayne Mack on WDSU, Hap Glaudi on WWL, and Buddy Diliberto on the ABC affiliate (don't remember the call letters). Any idea if any of these guys are still living above ground level (an above ground crypt at the foot of Canal St. doesn't count).

Can't speak for the others, but I know that Buddy D. passed away a few years back.

#5 OFFLINE   Fish Man

Fish Man

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:56 PM

WDSU is rediculous.

This is "Larry, Moe, and Curly run a TV station", for sure!

I'm glad to finally have a way to watch NBC programming in HD (Via DirecTV), but what an ongoing goat-rope dealing with WDSU is.

They can never get their guide data right, and have you seen their latest estimate for restoration of their HD signal OTA?

Mid 2008!!!! :mad:

What a joke that operation is!!

#6 OFFLINE   Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony

Godfather

• Registered
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:24 PM

All three are no longer with us. Wayne Mack and Hap Glaudi passed away at least ten years ago. Buddy "D" left us a few months before Hurricane Katrina swamped our city.

What a krew they were, I really do miss listening to Buddy "D". Everybody in New Orleans went into shock when we heard the sad news about Buddy. He was so unique. As "New Orleanian" as you could get! Amazing that he jumbled up all his words and only locals could understand what he was saying LOL
They will never be another one like him.........
Geaux !!!..... LSU - Saints - Hornets

1 - HR20-700 / 1 Genie HR34 / 2 -clients
Native setting Off / 720p and 1080i
Network connected / U.S.Robotics MAXg wireless router and bridge
Slimline dish / swms
OTA antenna CM4228 in attic

Samsung HLS5687 TV 1080
Toshibia A3 HD-DVD
Sony DG800 receiver
Boston Acoustics speakers / 5-1

#7 OFFLINE   Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony

Godfather

• Registered
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:27 PM

I'm watching the golf tournament on channel 6 (mpeg4) WDSU in HD at this very moment. DirecTv HR20 and the picture looks pretty good, not great.
Geaux !!!..... LSU - Saints - Hornets

1 - HR20-700 / 1 Genie HR34 / 2 -clients
Native setting Off / 720p and 1080i
Network connected / U.S.Robotics MAXg wireless router and bridge
Slimline dish / swms
OTA antenna CM4228 in attic

Samsung HLS5687 TV 1080
Toshibia A3 HD-DVD
Sony DG800 receiver
Boston Acoustics speakers / 5-1

#8 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:59 PM

Tiger - the reason for the fair/poor PQ is that NBC is using about 65% SD cameras.

DirecTV customer since 1996

#9 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 13 May 2007 - 05:03 PM

Tiger - the reason for the fair/poor PQ is that NBC is using about 65% SD cameras.

So thats what it is then, because it didn't look HD to me.

#10 OFFLINE   dclaryjr

dclaryjr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:23 PM

All three are no longer with us. Wayne Mack and Hap Glaudi passed away at least ten years ago. Buddy "D" left us a few months before Hurricane Katrina swamped our city.

What a krew they were, I really do miss listening to Buddy "D". Everybody in New Orleans went into shock when we heard the sad news about Buddy. He was so unique. As "New Orleanian" as you could get! Amazing that he jumbled up all his words and only locals could understand what he was saying LOL
They will never be another one like him.........

Thanks for the info! I figured as much for Mack and Glaudi--I thought Buddy was young enough to still be around. Guess the silver lining was that he wasn't around to see the destruction.

Meanwhile, NBC needs to invest in some hi-def hand-held cameras!!

Mid-City Dave :)
Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX
http://davidclary.com
HR24-200
HR21-100
H-23 x 2
JVC 56FN70 1080P LCOS
37" 1080P Sharp Aquos)
Two old TVs to be replaced with HD by end of year
Overpriced AV with psuedo-surround

Protected By... spam firewall...And...