Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H20 and terk hdmi21 trbl

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jlnigro

jlnigro

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:20 AM

Just bought all new equipment. Olevia 342i, philips dvp-5960/37 and got the dtv h20. The Olevia 342i only has 1 hdmi input and the philips upconverts to 1080i thru hdmi. So I ordered a terk hdmi21 switcher.

When the h20 is plugged into the Olevia directly thru hdmi it has worked fine for a week . I have it set for native on and picture is fine in both HD and SD. Sound is going thru pioneer a/v receiver using optical out on h20.

Now I plugged the h20 into port 1 on the hdmi21 and the philips into port 2 and the output of hdmi21 to the olevia. the philips works fine. the h20 loses picture after 30 seconds. even if I unplug the philips it does the same. Then I plugged h20 into port 2 and same trbl.

Since there are so many troubles listed for the h20 and I can't find a single one for the hdmi21 switch or any significant ones for the Olevia, I assume the h20 is at fault. Terk says the switch needs voltage from the components to power the switch and I thought maybe voltage from h20 hdmi port is not sufficient or to spec and that may be the trouble.

Anyone else having trouble with a hdmi switch or thru a receiver that switches hdmi? also can I use the component outputs on the h20 and still get 1080 I on the Olevia tv?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall