Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Big Question...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   captain16vgti

captain16vgti

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:36 PM

Hey guys, Ive been lurking here for quite sometime now. Ive been reading and reading about the current HR20 models because ive been planning on buying one. Well the time has come and im about to take the plunge. The big question I have for you guys is, What model should I get ? The 700 or the 100 ? I keep on reading positive and negative things about each. Please help me out fellas.

-Chris

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:42 PM

:welcome_s to DBStalk

Does not really matter. At the end of the day they are just about the same unit. The software is about the same right now and I believe down the road they will have the same software. The -100 does have a digital coaxial and the -700 does not. That is really the only difference besides the fact it has a second ethernet port. But it does not look like it will be used for anything.

#3 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:43 PM

.....What model should I get ? The 700 or the 100 ? I keep on reading positive and negative things about each.

There's a good reason for that, both have their positives and negatives. There is no clear cut advantage with one over the other. Same features, and just the same likelihood of getting one with problems with either version. That's really what they are, different versions of the same model. They are the same model.

#4 OFFLINE   HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:44 PM

If it comes from D* you really won't have a choice. It will be whatever is on the shelf. If you went that route.
Good Luck w/ your upgrade.
DBSTalk Chat Room Mod (I reserve the right to be wrong.)

AT9 to SWM16
LR: HR24-100 to Panasonic 50" w/ Sony HTIB/FR: HR20-700 to Samsung LN55B640
Office: HR34-700 to Panasonic 50" w/ HD-A2
Office: H21-200 to 36" SD TV/BR: HR21-200 to Samsung 32" LCD
My full setup in Visio: http://www.dbstalk.c...8&postcount=105

Protected By... spam firewall...And...