Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

To-do list from Tivo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ehendrix

ehendrix

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:17 AM

Hi,

I'm just a recent Tivo convert and except for the usual issues I have seen already talked about here I currently have 1 question.

On my Tivo I can go to my To-Do list and in there look at the history. In this history I could not only see programs that were or were not recorded but also see what would not be recorded and why.
Now on the HR20 I can see the history but it does not seem to provide me any details on why certain programs are not being recorded (i.e. due to conflict, repeat, ...).

Am I missing something or is this a missing feature?

Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jwd45244

jwd45244

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:33 AM

Am I missing something or is this a missing feature?
Thanks.

Yes, you are missing something. The DTV DVRs are not Tivos. So there are things that Tivo does that the DTV DVRs don't. Is this a missing feature? probably
-- Jim D.
DirecTV sub. since 1998
Slimline w/ SWM LNB---- (mounted on CommDeck) ----> SWM Power Inserter -----> CM4002IFD Diplexer
Winegard OTA Antenna ------------------> CM7777 OTA Amplifier ----------------> CM4002IFD Diplexer
CM4002IFD Diplexer ----> STS-4 splitter ----> HR20-700 - Vizio VO32L, HR20-700 - SDTV, HR21-200 (w/ AM21) - Vizio VX42L, HR21-200 - SDTV; CM4001IFD as splitting diplexer on all legs; All networked

#3 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:45 AM

There were some efforts 5 months ago to improving the history, but those seem to have stalled while DIRECTV worked on stability and new features. Hopefully in a future release we'll see better history information updates.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#4 OFFLINE   glennb

glennb

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:41 PM

Yes, you are missing something. The DTV DVRs are not Tivos. So there are things that Tivo does that the DTV DVRs don't. Is this a missing feature? probably

Do you have to be sarcastic? No.

spam firewall