Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Recording to DVD via Laptop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kajpin

kajpin

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:38 AM

I have searched the forums and can't seem to find quite the right answer to this, so bear with me here.

We have a propensity of stacking up a LOT of programming...so after one week with the HR20 and HD we have already hit 50% capacity! So it is time to find a way to save programs for later viewing on dvd. I realize I can't save away HD quality on dvd, but hopefully if I pair a great upconverting dvd player with my 1080p tv the PQ won't be that degraded.

Anyway, the question is...what is the easiest way to transfer/capture video from previously recorded shows/movies on my laptop to burn to dvd?

As I understand it you can't just copy the recorded file but have to capture the feed real time. Generally I'm ok with this...albeit unnecessarily difficult, but what do I need on my laptop to capture the video/audio feed out of the dvr?

Thanks in advance

K

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   chris89c

chris89c

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:56 PM

You would need a usb video capture device. But I have been using a $98 DVD recorder from walmart with very good results. The model is a RCA DRC8052N I could not find it on the walmart site but I think they still carry them in the stores.

#3 OFFLINE   quadriplegicjon

quadriplegicjon

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 12:29 PM

You would need a usb video capture device. But I have been using a $98 DVD recorder from walmart with very good results. The model is a RCA DRC8052N I could not find it on the walmart site but I think they still carry them in the stores.

what about just saving them to your computers harddrive as a backup. is that possible?

#4 OFFLINE   TampaGator

TampaGator

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:42 PM

Good question...is there no way to archive recorded material, (especially HD) to another medium?
(1) HR20-700 connected via HDMI to a JVC HD61Z575
(1) HR10-250 (1) Directv H10 (1) Hughs Tivo
(1) Philips Tivo

spam firewall