Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

no signal sat 110- trans 13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rogerpl

rogerpl

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:38 PM

I'm suffering from poor signal strength on 110/119 but now I get no signal on sat 110 -transponder 13. Any thoughts?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,402 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:58 PM

I'm suffering from poor signal strength on 110/119 but now I get no signal on sat 110 -transponder 13. Any thoughts?

It is probably a spotbeam.

Chances are pretty good that you need to check your aim if everything has deteriorated.

#3 OFFLINE   vampirefish

vampirefish

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:36 PM

I've been having a similar problem for some time... a tech is coming out this Sunday to check things out for me. I love HD, but can't watch all the channels. I am going to cancel my service if this keeps up. This bites, because I love Dish.
ViP 622 w/ Hitachi 57XWX20B

#4 OFFLINE   vampirefish

vampirefish

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:51 PM

Ok...so...ummmm... I can admit my own mistakes and thought I'd share this with y'all.

While on the phone with the Dish tech (complaining about loss of 110 signal) I informed him that there were no obstructions that may be causing any issues (of course I said this from my couch).... so the appt was set for them to come out and investigate.

The next day I was out back and looked at my dishes.... um.... our Clematis had grown extensively in the past month.... and was obstructing the view of both of my dishes! I cut the thing back, checked my signal and don't have any issues. So... I cancelled my appt with Dish :sure:

#5 OFFLINE   Lincoln6Echo

Lincoln6Echo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:54 PM

Ok...so...ummmm... I can admit my own mistakes and thought I'd share this with y'all.

While on the phone with the Dish tech (complaining about loss of 110 signal) I informed him that there were no obstructions that may be causing any issues (of course I said this from my couch).... so the appt was set for them to come out and investigate.

The next day I was out back and looked at my dishes.... um.... our Clematis had grown extensively in the past month.... and was obstructing the view of both of my dishes! I cut the thing back, checked my signal and don't have any issues. So... I cancelled my appt with Dish :sure:

Yep...gotta watch those Clematises...they'll get you every time. :P

We've got the same issue with one of our Oak trees in the front yard. We don't have a problem right now, but in a couple more years, we'll probably have to move the dish.
END OF LINE

#6 OFFLINE   vampirefish

vampirefish

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:57 PM

Yes... I'm SOOOO glad I checked it out... A. I would have been horribly embarrased, B. I probably would have been charged for the appt and C. Didn't want to waste Dish's time! :)

#7 OFFLINE   Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:57 PM

I lost tp4 on 110 for a minute today and its a locals spotbeam. Ive read where dish is supposedly doing upgrades at the uplink facility. Dunno if these are related.
65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500

#8 OFFLINE   Lincoln6Echo

Lincoln6Echo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:24 PM

This may be a stupid question for you pros, but what is a spotbeam? I've seen the designation on the signal test screen, but I'm not sure what a spotbeam is.
END OF LINE

#9 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:48 PM

Spotbeam is a narrow area of a town or city that receives local tv from the satellite. Most of my area BEaumont/Pt.Arthur, Houston, Dallas, Little Rock get their locals from the New Braunsfel ,Tx uplink center. There were bad thunderstorms in that area from San Antonio to Chorpus Christi that interfered with the unlinking of our locals to the 110 satellite in those cities above today around 5:30pm to around 6:30pm central time. It is funny to me that I have to worry about rain fade when it really rains in my area and now rain fade from the satellite uplink center when it rains in New Braunsfel.

spam firewall