Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Changed routers and now no music/photos?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pdawg17

pdawg17

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:51 PM

The important thing to mention here is that my Xbox 360 is connected to the same bridge as the hr20 and the xbox sees twonky or tversity just fine...the hr20 does not see the pc at all...I configured my router to be on the same ip range, etc so that's not the problem...is there a setting on some routers that can mess up the HR20's ability to see a pc? Another important thing to mention is that when I run the network test it PASSES for network and internet...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:20 AM

Have you tried doing a RBR on the HR20. If not I would try that and if that does not help I would try unplugging everything and plugging it back in.

#3 OFFLINE   Coffey77

Coffey77

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:53 AM

I've noticed that the HR20 doesn't release/renew the router very well. I think MBore has the right idea and hopefully it will help. Please let us know of your results. Also, if possible, unplug your HR20 and then also unplug your router. Wait a few seconds and plug the router back in. Then plug in the HR20. That should insure a clean boot and force the router to resend the addresses out. There could have been an addressing conflict. :)
- Andy
My Setup - (Computer Setup Included)
HR20-700 - / - / H20-100 -
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE<-- to DBSTalk.com and become a DBSTalk Club Member!

spam firewall