Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Southwest Florida HD locals

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   habudab

habudab

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:14 AM

i understand that HD locals will be coming to the Fort myers/Naples florida area on May 23rd, 2007.. i am new at direct tv and would like to know what channels the Locals will be on, and also does my HR20 autimatically download the update, even if it is turned off.. i cant wait for the HD locals.. any help will be appreciated..

thanks..

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   D*HR-20

D*HR-20

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:22 AM

The channels will be on the same channel as the SD locals so, for example, I would have two 3s, 10s, 13s, and 43s when HD goes up in my area. The first one is the HD channel and the second one is the SD channel. You won't need to do anything except maybe add the new channels to your custom guide listings, assuming you have an H-20 or HR-20 and a 5-LNB dish.

#3 OFFLINE   habudab

habudab

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:44 AM

thanks alot.

#4 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:48 AM

To expand on D*HR-20, there is no need for a download to receive your locals in HD from the satellite (or the national HD channels coming this fall). That's what the H20 and HR20 are designed to do. You do need a Ka/Ku dish, which should have been installed with your receiver, and you need to have it selected as your dish in the menus. You can check it on the system info page. There is a dish typ section that tells you what dish the receiver is set for. Finally, even though the receiver is "turned off" there are still some circuits active that will allow the receiver to download software updates and guide information.

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#5 OFFLINE   habudab

habudab

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:00 AM

what time should i expect to see the local high defs on May 23rd....

can you tell i am excited!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...