Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Wii Success Catches Nintendo Off Guard

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,301 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:24 AM

Sales Demand Spurs Production

Wii On The Move

By now it's no secret that Nintendo's genre-bending Wii video game console is among the CE success stories of the year. It's been attracting non-typical gamers of all ages with its unusual game play and has been selling out in retail stores worldwide since its November 2006 launch.

In response to this demand, Nintendo this week announced plans to increase production of the popular console in an effort to reach its U.S. sales goal of 35 million by 2012. So far, 2.5 million of the consoles have been sold in this country, compared to 38.2 million Playstation 2 units.

"Demand is much greater than we anticipated,' said Nintendo of America marketing chief George Harrison. "A year ago no one thought we would be in this position." ...

More @ TheRetailBridge.com

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   wakajawaka

wakajawaka

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:45 AM

I got my Wii a couple of weeks ago (Best Buy just happened to have some in stock) and I must say the reason I got it is that it looked to be a "family" console. Nintendo hit the mark with this one. Plus being able to download old Nintendo games to the Wii is cool too. Anyway, we have been having lots of fun!

#3 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:10 AM

Anyway, we have been having lots of fun!

Don't you mean Wii have been having lots of fun. :D

I am NOT a video game person, but my brother got a Wii a while back and I could easily become addicted to this one.
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#4 OFFLINE   wakajawaka

wakajawaka

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:58 PM

LOL

#5 OFFLINE   NickD

NickD

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:56 AM

I have a 360 which I love. I have a PS3 which is just ok, no real games that are any good. The Wii is something that I am thinking about getting because it looks like a fun family gaming system. Now to find one at a reasonable price.
Nick

#6 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,181 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:00 AM

I have a 360 which I love. I have a PS3 which is just ok, no real games that are any good. The Wii is something that I am thinking about getting because it looks like a fun family gaming system. Now to find one at a reasonable price.

I keep seeing used ones at GameStop for $249. Very tempting.

#7 OFFLINE   airpolgas

airpolgas

Godfather

• Registered
  • 493 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:02 AM

The brand new ones are $249.99. Gamestop... GRRRR.

Went in line for this at launch. 16 hours. Everything was swell after seeing my 66 year-old mom and my 5 year-old daughter having genuine fun on Wii Sports bowling the next day.
"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." - Mr. Garrison from South Park
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots." - Cluelessness from despair.com

Protected By... spam firewall...And...