Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ticket Pricing - The REAL Deal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   morgantown

morgantown

Icon

• Registered
  • 902 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:54 PM

I remember seeing a flash of it on the website in early '07......

That and it was mentioned either here or at TCF. No insert with the bill though...when I called back in February (or so) it took the CSR a while to find it.
DTV & NFLST since 97 at least, not looked back yet...

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:01 PM

Where did you find the MVP plan?

Thanks J C

On their web site right after the season was over. And I saw it here and on other forums. Always check for these kinds of deals. It ran thru end of Feb.

#23 OFFLINE   tbackus

tbackus

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:02 AM

I did the auto-renewal thing for $20 a month. It's a good deal and much easier to afford. The problem is, once you do that, you have to pay $99 for super fan as you can't get the Draft Day deal if you already have auto-renewal. That is, unless you pitch a bitch and threaten to leave. :D Sooooo the auto-renew may not be the best option if you are a super fan user.

I don't think that's true. There are plenty of customer who were on auto-renew or payed the 229 price and got superfan for free... i think Bonscott did?

You must have gotten the same e-mail I got back from the CSR's... I seriously think they make this stuff up as they go.

Thanks for writing us about your NFL Sunday Ticket package. I understand that you're verifying regarding the early bird and auto renew offer pricing for our NFL Sunday Ticket offer. Upon checking on your account, I want you to know that you called up on may to have the NFL Sunday ticket package which offer the free Superfan that broadcast HD games. And with this, they granted you to get the early bird offer which includes the superfan package for free. I want you to be informed that this is much greater saving that getting back to auto renew offer which is only $20.00 savings on your bill because the NFL Sunday Ticket Superfan is offered for $100.00.

Moving on, If you decide to choice the auto renew offer we can make adjustment for you but your NFL Superfan package will be removed because this promotion is for our early bird customers.

I hope you find this information helpful and thank you again for writing. Stay tuned to directv.com for the latest news and information about our services.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV Customer Service

#24 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

I don't think that's true. There are plenty of customer who were on auto-renew or payed the 229 price and got superfan for free... i think Bonscott did?

You must have gotten the same e-mail I got back from the CSR's... I seriously think they make this stuff up as they go.

We'll see if I get it free come September but I called in about the email deal during the draft and while they couldn't add it to my account that time they said it would be noted on my account that I should get SF for free. Again, we'll see how much I'll have to fight for it later this summer.

#25 OFFLINE   redram38

redram38

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMillington Tn

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:29 AM

I just check my account on-line and went through the program changes to try and remove NBA. I saw the NFL Sunday ticket and it said the auto renewal was 49.80 x 5 payments which come to 249.00. It was my understanding that it was 229.00 for Auto renewal. If you have this showing on your programing you may want to check out the price that shows up when you go to program changes. I am gonna call but probl won't get much help. Also no Super Fan. I am one of the ones that do not pay a HD fee ( B.S. fee ) so that means if I want SF I would have to play 43.00 per mth for 3 mths ? That means I would be paying 378.00 for The NFL Pk just to watch in HD. That is highway robbery. I am actually thinking of getting rid of NFL and DTV for good. They just keep on going up on the football and that is about the only thing they have that keep customers from bailing on them anyway.

#26 OFFLINE   redram38

redram38

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMillington Tn

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:40 AM

Ok so I guess (hope) I bitched to soon. I called and was told it woul be 45.80 for 5 mths and also I would still get the SF for free as long as I stayed on auto renewal. I guess time will tell if I was told correct.

#27 OFFLINE   L2BENGTREK

L2BENGTREK

Godfather

• Registered
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:52 AM

We'll see if I get it free come September but I called in about the email deal during the draft and while they couldn't add it to my account that time they said it would be noted on my account that I should get SF for free. Again, we'll see how much I'll have to fight for it later this summer.

I just called them about the free SF yesterday. I got the E-mail during the draft also. CSR told me the same thing when I asked why SF isn't showing on my bill yet. He added notes to my account and told me to wait until season gets closer.
By then I'll have already paid for NFLST a month or two. I'll tell em to cancel it and credit me back my two months worth if they don't give me SuperFan.

#28 OFFLINE   old_school_blue

old_school_blue

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:38 AM

Well, I never got an email about free superfan. I had read about it here, but never heard anything from DirecTV. Since I was already on the fence about Sunday ticket, I decided to just call up and cancel it. They didn't hesitate, or even ask why.

I really dislike the arbitrary way that DirecTV offers special deals to some of their customers, while offering nothing to others. I've told them that in the past. This was my little way of protesting. There is enough football for me on the networks, and I've got an extra $250 to spend elsewhere.

#29 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:41 AM

Well, I never got an email about free superfan. I had read about it here, but never heard anything from DirecTV. Since I was already on the fence about Sunday ticket, I decided to just call up and cancel it. They didn't hesitate, or even ask why.

I really dislike the arbitrary way that DirecTV offers special deals to some of their customers, while offering nothing to others. I've told them that in the past. This was my little way of protesting. There is enough football for me on the networks, and I've got an extra $250 to spend elsewhere.

What I dislike is the fact that the deals are normally for new customers only :raspberry Of course, when I upgraded to HD D was happy to give me a deal on that :rolleyes:

#30 OFFLINE   cb7214

cb7214

Icon

• Registered
  • 798 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:49 AM

i would love to be able to just cancel, but my wife loves to watch the Packers, Giants Colts and the Saints, plus also we watch the Lions of course but we don't need it for them
Directv Subscriber since 1999

XM Subscriber since June 2005

#31 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:57 AM

When is D's deal up with the NFL? May be if they can't keep that ticket exclusive the price will drop. For me it is just too expensive.

#32 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:13 PM

When is D's deal up with the NFL? May be if they can't keep that ticket exclusive the price will drop. For me it is just too expensive.

I believe 2010.

#33 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:54 PM

I believe 2010.

Thanks :) I won't be trying to hold my breathe until then :lol:

#34 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:23 AM

17 weeks for 249? lot cheaper than going to a sports bar each week

#35 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:39 PM

17 weeks for 249? lot cheaper than going to a sports bar each week

Well I don't go to sports bars, but I decided gee D has got almost all our money now :rolleyes: So why not give them some more :) Actually I think it was the promise of 150 games in eye-popping HD that got me :sunsmile:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...