Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Picture freeze and pixellation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ryker

ryker

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 03:38 PM

Any channel on transponder 21 I get a picture freeze and pixellation every 10 seconds or so. Only channel on it that I watch is MTV2. Signal strength is over 100. Is this just a compression issue? When I contacted dish they said swap lnb which made no difference and then they tried to tell me my dish isn't ground properly or I have dirty ac power, what a joke.

Any ideas.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ryker

ryker

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 06:56 AM

Does anyone have any ideas? I can't possibly be the only person with this problem.

#3 OFFLINE   MarkA

MarkA

God Bless America!

• Gold Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 10:42 AM

I'm not sure what transponder it's on (I'll check), but I have a similar problem on KTLA. Every 10-15mins it blinks out (audio and video, screen goes black) for less than a second. (7200 receiver here)

#4 Guest_boba_*

Guest_boba_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2002 - 11:42 AM

Look for possible damage to the coaxial cable transponder 21 would equate to a specific frequency. If that frequency is being blocked by a kinked cable you would have a weaker signal on that transponder. Try going to Menu 6,1,1, and check signal strength on transponder 21. is it stable at 100 or does it fluctuate every 10 seconds? Have you tried the receiver on another system to see if it still has problems it might be a receiver problem.

#5 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 12:28 PM

What kind of receiver do you have?

#6 OFFLINE   ryker

ryker

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 08:26 PM

I have the 501. When I check the signal strength it stays above 100 the whole time. I checked the cable and didn't see any damage but the cable is hidden in a few areas. I would think if the cable was damaged I would have problems with more than one transponder, but who knows?

spam firewall