Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dolby Digital 5.1 over HDMI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   elvisizer

elvisizer

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:39 AM

hey everyone, i've been looking at the FAQ and doing searches on this, but haven't found much. I just upgraded my receiver, and i'd like to use HDMI for sound and video. before the new receiver, I was using HDMI for video (going straight into the TV) and optical for sound (going into the old receiver). now i've got HDMI going into the receiver for both. And that's working just fine except I can't get the HR20 to output anything other than stereo, no DD 5.1. I've tried switching dolby off and on in the hr20 GUI, power cycling both components . . .i'm successfully getting multichannel sound over HDMI from other components like HDDVD and blu ray, so i'm sure the receiver isn't downmixing . . . . .
Any ideas?

thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Drewg5

Drewg5

Icon

• Registered
  • 716 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:50 PM

The show has to be in DD for the out put to DD.

There are a lot of channels and shows that are 5.1 just finding the channel and show is the trick... (i think)

My Junk

ATT Uverse

45" Sony

30" Visio web connected

spam firewall