Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 network question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JerryShain

JerryShain

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:05 PM

Hi,

Will the dvr work with Windows XP Pro non-ViiV, or does it specifically need XP Media Center edition?

If it works with XP Pro non-ViiV can you please direct me where I can find assistance with setting up sharing thru Media Player 11?

Thanks.
Thanks, Jerry
3 HR20-700, Sony SXRD Qualia 006 70 inch HD TV (mines bigger than yours) and my grandson is cuter than yours.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:10 PM

Yes it will work with WMP11 and a few others. I use WMP11. Here is a link to help you set it up.

http://dbstalk.com/s...highlight=WMP11

#3 OFFLINE   JerryShain

JerryShain

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for the link.
I did not see if this works with windows XP Pro, can someone please confirm that this works with machines running XP Professional and not XP MCE.

Thanks
Thanks, Jerry
3 HR20-700, Sony SXRD Qualia 006 70 inch HD TV (mines bigger than yours) and my grandson is cuter than yours.

#4 OFFLINE   L2BENGTREK

L2BENGTREK

Godfather

• Registered
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for the link.
I did not see if this works with windows XP Pro, can someone please confirm that this works with machines running XP Professional and not XP MCE.

Thanks

I'm running XP home on 2 computers at home. They're not XP pro, but they are networked to my HR20 with no problem. So I would think any XP edition should be able to do it. Others have had problems though so network setup might have something to do with it. It's hit or miss with some.

#5 OFFLINE   MiaLur

MiaLur

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:51 AM

Thanks for the link.

Thanks

The HR20 works with XPPro using both/either TVersity and WMP11. I have had both media servers running concurrently. I have played music from one while simultaniously playing photos from the other. I am disapointed that videos of any type are not supported by the HR20.

#6 OFFLINE   tnmg

tnmg

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:01 PM

Will the MODEL #WGA54G work with a HR20-100s and a Windows XP home version non-Viiv PC? Earl's PDF mentions it will only work with g-networks but all sellers of the wga54g say it will also work with b-networks as well?

#7 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:03 PM

Will the MODEL #WGA54G work with a HR20-100s and a Windows XP home version non-Viiv PC?

Yes. I hae one hooked up to one of my HR20's.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...