Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Latest on the Big Ten Network

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
571 replies to this topic

#501 OFFLINE   Codeman00

Codeman00

Godfather

• Registered
  • 340 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:31 PM

Sweet! Watching it now!!!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#502 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,093 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:00 PM

http://www.bigtennet...te/PR090607.asp

DISH Network will broadcast two games in high-definition Saturday on Channel 9467, including Akron @ Ohio State (12:00 p.m. ET) and Syracuse @ Iowa (8:00 p.m. ET), and officially launch the HD simulcast of the Big Ten Network the following week.

What I like is that the BTN homepage has a big E* logo on it. So much for D*'s early adopter status. :)

AT100 level ... I hope the price was good.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#503 OFFLINE   terfmop

terfmop

Legend

• Registered
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:09 PM

Thanks Charlie!!

go BOILERS!

#504 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 679 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:10 PM

Hi Everyone,

Well our long wait is over. I know it was already announced in this forum, but It is great to say it again!

From the unofficial Dish Network Channel Chart:

Channel 439 changed from "Temp" to BIG10 and was made available to subscribers as of 5pm eastern today. Channels 440-443 are now called ALT10 meaning they are alternate channels for simultaneous BIG10 games especially Saturdays.

Right now, App State vs Michigan.

Now I can see the Buckeyes on Saturday!

As for everyone who contributed to this thread, thank you for support and comments. I never expected this thread to grow as big as it did. Who knows, maybe DISH was watching.

Now, onto football season!

Go Bucks!

Nick

#505 OFFLINE   John W

John W

Icon

• Registered
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:23 PM

wait a minute, where's my BIGTENHD??

come on, I don't want to watch the games in SD. (sarcasm)

seriously, what are the prospects of getting the games in HD?

http://www.bigtennet...te/PR090607.asp

DISH Network will broadcast two games in high-definition Saturday on Channel 9467, including Akron @ Ohio State (12:00 p.m. ET) and Syracuse @ Iowa (8:00 p.m. ET), and officially launch the HD simulcast of the Big Ten Network the following week.

#506 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,185 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:35 PM

The Big Ten Network reached an agreement Thursday with DISH Network that will allow the satellite television provider to broadcast Big Ten Conference games as early as this weekend.

DISH Network customers who subscribe to "America's Top 100" and higher will find the Big Ten Network on channel 439.

More HERE.

#507 OFFLINE   angiecopus

angiecopus

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:39 PM

Did you see where it says that the entire nation will get the station until early 2008 and then it will only be seen by those people who live in the 8 big ten states. I think

Interesting.

#508 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,093 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:41 PM

Yep ...
http://www.dishnetwo..._room/Big10.pdf

"DISH Network customers nationwide who subscribe to America’s Top 100 and higher will find the Big Ten Network on Channel 439. Customers throughout the nation will also have the opportunity to preview the network until early 2008. At that time, the channel will be carried on America’s Top 100 Plus service within the eight states with Big Ten institutions."

It is going to be an RSN ...
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#509 OFFLINE   aaronbud

aaronbud

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:44 PM

Yep ...

"DISH Network customers nationwide who subscribe to America’s Top 100 and higher will find the Big Ten Network on Channel 439. Customers throughout the nation will also have the opportunity to preview the network until early 2008. At that time, the channel will be carried on America’s Top 100 Plus service within the eight states with Big Ten institutions."

So if it's an "RSN" it will be part of the "SportsPack" correct?
Aaron Lewis
Sacramento, Ca
Dish Network Since '97

#510 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,093 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:47 PM

We can hope ...

#511 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 679 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:48 PM

From DISH's press release:

DISH Network customers nationwide who subscribe to America's Top 100 and higher will find the Big Ten Network on Channel 439. Customers throughout the nation will also have the opportunity to preview the network until early 2008. At that time, the channel will be carried on America's Top 100 Plus service within the eight states with Big Ten institutions.

Can this be interpreted as:

1. Only available above AT 100 for everyone (AT 150 or higher).
2. Only available in the Big 10 states at AT 100 or higher and no where else, even if you subscribe to all the RSNs.
3. You need to subscribe to AT 100 or higher and to all the RSN's ($5.99/month) to get BTN outside the Big 10 states.

Things could get interesting during basketball season. Remember, Big 10 games are no longer on Full Court.

Only time will tell.

Nick

#512 OFFLINE   aaronbud

aaronbud

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:56 PM

Yep ...

"DISH Network will broadcast two games in high-definition Saturday on Channel 9467, including
Akron @ Ohio State (12:00 p.m. ET) and Syracuse @ Iowa (8:00 p.m. ET), and officially launch the HD
simulcast of the Big Ten Network the following week."

Awesome!
Aaron Lewis
Sacramento, Ca
Dish Network Since '97

#513 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,093 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:58 PM

At that time, the channel will be carried on America's Top 100 Plus service within the eight states with Big Ten institutions.

Seems pretty clear ...
AT100 Plus (which is AT100 plus your local RSNs) and in one of the eight states.

You can't get the "Sports Pack" without AT100 Plus or higher ... not AT100. Hopefully AT100 Plus and the Sports Pack combined will give access to BTN ... but that is an issue for 2008.

Let's enjoy BTN nationwide on AT100 (and in HD on Saturday and "24/7" next week).

#514 OFFLINE   Hound

Hound

Icon

• Registered
  • 891 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:09 PM

It is a great deal for everyone.

#515 OFFLINE   garn9173

garn9173

Icon

• Registered
  • 521 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:11 PM

I'm really surprised this deal got done. Pressure is now on the cable co's to get a deal done.

Dish Network (February 2002-August 2005)
Mediacom (August 2005-1/27/07)
DirecTV (1/27-07 - 4/14)

Dish Network (4/14 - ??)  Hopper, Super Joey, and two Joey receivers.

#516 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 679 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:14 PM

Seems pretty clear ...
AT100 Plus (which is AT100 plus your local RSNs) and in one of the eight states.

You can't get the "Sports Pack" without AT100 Plus or higher ... not AT100. Hopefully AT100 Plus and the Sports Pack combined will give access to BTN ... but that is an issue for 2008.

Let's enjoy BTN nationwide on AT100 (and in HD on Saturday and "24/7" next week).

I never heard of AT 100 Plus, hence the question. Actually, I am an AT250 + HD subscriber. I also have subscribed to all the RSNs. So, I am hoping that this will be enough to keep BTN.

But, you are right let's enjoy it now and worry about this issue next year. By then, DISH will pretty much have an idea of how many Big 10 fans live outside the Big 10 states.

It is great to see the ASU-Michigan game as it unfolded, even though I know the outcome, it was still exciting to see.

Nick

#517 OFFLINE   angiecopus

angiecopus

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:18 PM

i am lucky to live in ohio and in the top 250, now my father does not have to switch,
plus it gives me a chance to see Thom Brennamen( his father is the reds announcer)
announce a football game instead of doing a baseball game for once.

#518 OFFLINE   jhamps10

jhamps10

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:12 PM

I never heard of AT 100 Plus, hence the question. Actually, I am an AT250 + HD subscriber. I also have subscribed to all the RSNs. So, I am hoping that this will be enough to keep BTN.

But, you are right let's enjoy it now and worry about this issue next year. By then, DISH will pretty much have an idea of how many Big 10 fans live outside the Big 10 states.

It is great to see the ASU-Michigan game as it unfolded, even though I know the outcome, it was still exciting to see.

Nick

AT 100+ is AT 100, just with sportspak added in, same price as ordering the Sportspak too.

which speaking of this at100+, If your in say st louis, Louisville, Omaha, Paducah, KY, which all have large numbers of different big 10 fans, It's a lot cheaper to order sportspak, than ordering ESPN game plan, and then ordering the Full Court package too. that's if you only cared for the big 10 teams. lets see here,

what $129 for each Game plan and full court?

Sportspack, $5 a month x 12= $60 for all 12 months.

Lets just say this, if BTN won't be available outside of the region, then it could get real ugly come 2008 for dish.

#519 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:17 PM

Go Gophers. :D

Attached Files

The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#520 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:22 PM

AT 100+ is AT 100, just with sportspak added in, same price as ordering the Sportspak too.

Wrong. AT100+ just includes your local RSN(s). You have to add the Multisports pack to that to get the rest of the RSNs.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...