Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HDNet to Air 'Blade: the Series'

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,186 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:09 PM

Network to Air New Line Television's Series in High Definition
Beginning June 18 - Based on Marvel's Renowned Super Hero

BLADE: THE SERIES premieres in high definition on HDNet, Monday, June 18 at 10:00 p.m. ET. Based on the blockbuster feature film trilogy, the series stars Kirk "Sticky" Jones as Blade, the half-man, half-vampire title character who uses his extraordinary superhuman powers to save mankind from demonic creatures that walk the night. BLADE: THE SERIES is produced by New Line Television and Marvel Studios.

"Blade will be a great addition to our line-up this summer," said Mark Cuban, president and co-founder of HDNet. "This show has a huge cult following and the fans will love the way this series looks in high def."

The premiere opens with Blade setting up shop in Detroit, investigating the vampire House of Chthon. Along the way, he forms an uneasy alliance with Krista Starr, played by Jill Wagner, a former military veteran who becomes entrenched in the world of vampires while investigating the murder of her twin brother. The cast is rounded out by Neil Jackson as "Marcus," Blade's chief nemesis and head of the Chthon House; Jessica Gower as "Chase," a seductive vampire who is devoted to Marcus; and Nelson Lee as Shen, a technology genius and Blade's confidant.

HDNet will air the two-hour premiere episode in two, one-hour segments. The first hour will air on Monday, June 18 and the second hour on Monday, June 25. The series will air every Monday night at 10:00 p.m. ET with a repeat at 10:00 p.m. PT to accommodate west coast prime time.

Source: http://www.hd.net/pr...7-06-11-01.html

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   shortkud

shortkud

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:00 PM

This is great news. The show wasn't half bad and airing it in HDTV only makes it better.

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,424 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:43 PM

It looked pretty good the other night. Of course the pilot episode originally aired in one 2-hour block on Spike... so there was a kind of awkward break there at the end to make for Part 2 next Monday... but once we get past that, should be smooth.

I have the last few episodes in SD on my other DVR... but will save them and wait since I never watched them... so if HDNet catches up and airs the whole run over the next couple of months then I'll go and delete those SD ones and not watch them.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#4 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:47 PM

How many episodes were there?

Spike killed the series before it really even gon started..

Having it in HD will certainly be nice, but disappointing since there are not that many episodes.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   shortkud

shortkud

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:34 AM

There were 12 episodes and SpikeTV did air all of them unlike NBC did with The Black Donnellys which is also airing on HDNet now.

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,424 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:54 PM

There were 12 episodes and SpikeTV did air all of them unlike NBC did with The Black Donnellys which is also airing on HDNet now.

Spike didn't officially cancel Blade until after the season. It is not clear whether they had made the decision earlier during the season, or just decided not to renew. In this case, since they aired all the episodes... it is a shame they didn't make the decision to cancel earlier and allow the creators of the show to tie up some of the plots instead of thinking they might get another season.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

spam firewall