Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What is the Best Harmony Remote for the HR20?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   BruceS

BruceS

Icon

• Registered
  • 545 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:20 AM

Same here although I have not programmed the colored buttons I have them set it in "Activities". Now to figure out how or IF I can configure my HDMI Switcher to it.

I have the Monoprice 4x1 switch. I just learned the commands from the remote that came with the switch and it works fine with both my 880 and 890.
Hitachi P60X901 HDTV
HR21-200, HR20-700, HR24-500, HR44-500
Tivo S3, Tivo Premiere HDXL
Sony BDP-CX960 Blu Ray Player
Sony DVP-CX995V DVD Player
Marantz SR7001 A/V Receiver

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   donshan

donshan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:07 AM

I am a newbie here but had home theater since 1999 and tried a bunch of remotes before finding Harmony.

I have had the Harmony 659 and 676 for with a D* HR10-250. When I just upgraded to the HR20 the button layouts just didn't work well, especially how to get the color buttons in an easy to use location.

I just got a new Harmony 720 ( from Costco) and it solved all the button problems. It is the best layout I have ever had.

First there are labeled buttons for Guide, Info, Menu, and Exit.

Second the 720 permits all six of the LCD buttons to be labeled which I did as follows:

(Note List- yellow are commonly used for the To Do list and Red- Green scroll the Guide)

List Yellow

Red Green

Back Blue

I put some other functions on the next LCD Page

After reprogramming the UP ^ also to Back, and the Down arrow to Active
and the */Clear button to put the dash in HD channels xx-x things work great.

There are buttons in the DVR control section for the 6sec Replay and the 30 sec advance in addition to the normal DVR buttons.

With six activities listed for all the rest of the home theater everything works better.

Very happy.

#83 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:31 AM

I have the Monoprice 4x1 switch. I just learned the commands from the remote that came with the switch and it works fine with both my 880 and 890.

I have the XtremeHD HDMI Switcher and am trying to figure out how/what to classify it when I go to add device as Xtreme HD is not on the list of manufacturers. Would I place the switch under "Home Appliance"? The more I add to the Harmony the more difficult it seems. But I am learning....slowly....:lol:
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#84 OFFLINE   AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:41 AM

I have the XtremeHD HDMI Switcher and am trying to figure out how/what to classify it when I go to add device as Xtreme HD is not on the list of manufacturers. Would I place the switch under "Home Appliance"? The more I add to the Harmony the more difficult it seems. But I am learning....slowly....:lol:

there tech support is pretty decent. You might give them a call.

Just add it like an Amplifer, then choose AV Switch, then -Not Listed-, then type in the info and program the remote from your original remote with the codes. Then add this device to your activities.

#85 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:42 AM

Great, Thanks AlbertZeroK much appreciated!!
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#86 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:29 PM

I have a MX700, and I just have the codes learned into a hidden page.. I have main page with macros that set all my switching for devices and then drops me to the device I'm using..

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

#87 OFFLINE   TimeShifter

TimeShifter

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:42 PM

I have the XtremeMac XtremeHD HDMI switch (which I'm assuming is the same switch). I set it up as an Amplifier > Audio/Video Switch and "XtremeMac" is in the manufacturers list.

#88 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:30 PM

Yes thats the one. In fact I think that was you I noticed in another thread recommending it so I checked it out and bought it from Amazon.com. Thanks everyone, thanks TimeShifter.
Dan Sholtis

#89 OFFLINE   Baconbeard

Baconbeard

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:15 PM

Thanks again for all the input. I ended up getting the 670 and am really enjoying it so far. I still have some tweaking left to do, but so far so good.

#90 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:03 PM

Enjoy it. Hell Im still tweaking mine daily but its kinda fun.
Dan Sholtis

spam firewall