Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Game Lounge now on HR20-700!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RhinoGL

RhinoGL

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:11 PM

Just tuned to 110 and got the channel. I do not think it is supported on the HR20-100 (piano black) yet.

Very cool!:D

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cb7214

cb7214

Icon

• Registered
  • 798 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:15 PM

Just tuned to 110 and got the channel. I do not think it is supported on the HR20-100 (piano black) yet.

Very cool!:D

great news! :D
Directv Subscriber since 1999

XM Subscriber since June 2005

#3 OFFLINE   fliptheflop

fliptheflop

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:11 PM

Is anyone able to sign up for the pass? It won't let me over the phone line or online at directv.com.

#4 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:43 PM

Same here not able to sign up yet. It says on the bottom that its now available on the D* HD DVR receiver though. If I try and order online it tells me I have to have an interactive box. I have both an H20 and a HR20 so I dont know what that could be able. I don't need a 3rd box...lol
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#5 OFFLINE   fliptheflop

fliptheflop

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:15 PM

Same here not able to sign up yet. It says on the bottom that its now available on the D* HD DVR receiver though. If I try and order online it tells me I have to have an interactive box. I have both an H20 and a HR20 so I dont know what that could be able. I don't need a 3rd box...lol

Thats exactly what its doing to me also. It maybe that its up and running but we can't sign up for a pass yet.

#6 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:27 PM

I just emailed customer service. Will post when I receive a reply.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#7 OFFLINE   naijai

naijai

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:28 PM

You have to make sure that the primary receiver on your account is an interactive receiver
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

DIRECTV employee since May 2003.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views DO NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#8 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,986 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:46 PM

Sorry but, yawn, IMHO this should be one of the lowest priority items to get going.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#9 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,916 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:53 PM

Great news!! Now we can really test the remotes' response time with simple arcade style games.
Sponsered by SAD (Sarcastic Americans Department)

#10 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:18 PM

You have to make sure that the primary receiver on your account is an interactive receiver

I already checked my account though. My HR20 is listed as my primary and its still telling me I need an interactive box. lol
Dan Sholtis

#11 OFFLINE   RhinoGL

RhinoGL

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:44 PM

The told my brother it will be fixed by Friday...;)

#12 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

Cool, ty RhinoGL
Dan Sholtis

#13 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:18 PM

I'm good to go. They said for some reason their system isn't letting them add it so the CSR had to log into a seperate system to do it.
Dan Sholtis

#14 OFFLINE   Steveknj

Steveknj

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:54 PM

With the ability to play video games in so many other ways, computers, game consoles, cell phones even, what makes D* think this is going to be even remotely popular that people will pay EXTRA to play games with 1990 graphics and a remote control as the game controller? Am I missing something here?

#15 OFFLINE   jonaswan2

jonaswan2

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:05 PM

With the ability to play video games in so many other ways, computers, game consoles, cell phones even, what makes D* think this is going to be even remotely popular that people will pay EXTRA to play games with 1990 graphics and a remote control as the game controller? Am I missing something here?

“Game Lounge’s unique platform is engaging the minds of both parents and children and bringing family game night back to DirecTV households across the country,” said Eric Shanks, executive vice president, DirecTV Entertainment. “Game Lounge gives families an alternative way to play games together, using a medium that kids are used to while also playing in a controlled environment that parents are comfortable with.”

That's Shanks' explanation. The real reason is because it's been pretty sucessful for Sky and E*.

#16 OFFLINE   jutley

jutley

Godfather

• Registered
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:03 PM

What is the price?
--Justin

SWiM3 Dish - (2) HR20-700s - (1) R16-300

My Setup

#17 OFFLINE   jonaswan2

jonaswan2

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:11 PM

What is the price?

All Access (unlimited games) is $5.95 a month

Game Pass ("24 hour access to your favorite game category) is $1.95. You can get a few extra hours out of the Game pass if you order at the right time I think.

#18 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,579 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:12 PM

What is the price?

Read the web page and all will be answered.

#19 OFFLINE   jutley

jutley

Godfather

• Registered
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:53 PM

Yeah, I was just too lazy. :blush:
--Justin

SWiM3 Dish - (2) HR20-700s - (1) R16-300

My Setup

#20 OFFLINE   RhinoGL

RhinoGL

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:28 PM

Everyone, my brother was told that his HR20-100 (piano black) does not support game lounge yet and ordering from that box is not possible. That explained his problem.

spam firewall