Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Game Lounge now on HR20-700!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Rambler

Rambler

Icon

• Registered
  • 578 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:35 PM

What is the price?

Too much for what it is. :nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:47 PM

Everyone, my brother was told that his HR20-100 (piano black) does not support game lounge yet and ordering from that box is not possible. That explained his problem.

Just ran into a problem. I ordered the All Access pass earlier on the phone and activated my account online. But I can't get the receiver to recognize it. Still will only let me play trial games. Im resetting the box now to see. Another thing RhinoGL I was told earlier that IF you are playing and the game gets stuck to reset your box first BEFORE calling in. Reason being I was told is that resetting the box is the advise they would give and it will just save you a call. Just an FYI, bro.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#23 OFFLINE   MercurialIN

MercurialIN

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:07 PM

I couldn't order with the remote either. I called CS and activated it. I played the games for a bit then went to do something else. When I loaded Game Lounge again the "blue, subscribe" button was back. I called Game Lounge support and they said for whatever reason Game Lounge had been canceled from my account. They re-instated it and so far all is well. Not sure why Game Lounge accesses the phone line so often however. I know it updates your "token" count etc. But thought it would do so through the satellite.

Since I don't have XBox or PS I for one enjoy Game Lounge and thank D* for providing it. I do hope it gets more "polished" as it goes along, it is rather primitive and on Solitaire I've noticed if you play it very much as I do, you get into a cycle where you are repeatedly dealt the same three or four hands, nice if they are winning hands, these however are not. The other big issue I have is I'd like the sound effects on the games, I enjoy the XM classic channel played in the back ground it's a good choice, but I still want the option to have just sound effects and only sound effects when I play the games. Don't enjoy Monk's chanting or opera when I'm trying to play Uno.

Other then that, thanks D.

Melody

In Loving Memory Of Manda 8/31/2004-12/29/2008

HR24-100/S-Video/Mitsu SDTV
HR24-100*
HR24-500*
*both hooked HDMI to same Sony Bravia XBR 9

#24 OFFLINE   jonaswan2

jonaswan2

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:15 PM

I couldn't order with the remote either. I called CS and activated it. I played the games for a bit then went to do something else. When I loaded Game Lounge again the "blue, subscribe" button was back. I called Game Lounge support and they said for whatever reason Game Lounge had been canceled from my account. They re-instated it and so far all is well. Not sure why Game Lounge accesses the phone line so often however. I know it updates your "token" count etc. But thought it would do so through the satellite.

Since I don't have XBox or PS I for one enjoy Game Lounge and thank D* for providing it. I do hope it gets more "polished" as it goes along, it is rather primitive and on Solitaire I've noticed if you play it very much as I do, you get into a cycle where you are repeatedly dealt the same three or four hands, nice if they are winning hands, these however are not. The other big issue I have is I'd like the sound effects on the games, I enjoy the XM classic channel played in the back ground it's a good choice, but I still want the option to have just sound effects and only sound effects when I play the games. Don't enjoy Monk's chanting or opera when I'm trying to play Uno.

Nah, all the Satellite does during Game Lounge is 'load up" your interactive app.

And the D10 series does sound effects just fine and dandy. No music in the background at all. I wonder why the D11 and HR20 is having a problems with them.

#25 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:58 PM

Turns out that was my problem too, somehow it has become cancelled so they reactivated it for me too. Gave them a suggestion to add a slot machine game while I was on the phone. Tech guy said it was a good idea and wrote it up and sent it off while he was helping me. I have no use for an Xbox or PlayStation so for me as well this is pretty good. Thanks D*!!
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#26 OFFLINE   MercurialIN

MercurialIN

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:10 PM

Turns out that was my problem too, somehow it has become cancelled so they reactivated it for me too. Gave them a suggestion to add a slot machine game while I was on the phone. Tech guy said it was a good idea and wrote it up and sent it off while he was helping me. I have no use for an Xbox or PlayStation so for me as well this is pretty good. Thanks D*!!

Good idea on the slot machine game. I'd like that one also. Wish they'd leave the Roulette game in the rotation on Game Lounge more often, that's kind of fun too. Heard Monopoly will be coming eventually, would like that as well. :)

Melody

In Loving Memory Of Manda 8/31/2004-12/29/2008

HR24-100/S-Video/Mitsu SDTV
HR24-100*
HR24-500*
*both hooked HDMI to same Sony Bravia XBR 9

#27 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:30 PM

Go on the site and suggest it. The guy said the GameLounge people DO listen to suggestions.
Dan Sholtis

#28 OFFLINE   RhinoGL

RhinoGL

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:04 PM

Monopoly is definitely coming. Bowling is coming Thursday with Darts coming in August. Backgammon will be coming in August.

#29 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,316 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:50 PM

Monopoly is definitely coming. Bowling is coming Thursday with Darts coming in August. Backgammon will be coming in August.

Good Lord, how do you throw a dart or bowl a ball with the remote?

I have enough trouble trying to play solitaire. Windows Solitaire is a lot easier to play.

Bill

Protected By... spam firewall...And...