Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What are you using: Single or Dual Tuners

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

Poll: How Many Tuners (380 member(s) have cast votes)

How Many Tuners

1. Single (26 votes [6.86%])

Percentage of vote: 6.86%

2. Dual (353 votes [93.14%])

Percentage of vote: 93.14%

Vote

#61 OFFLINE   21hawk

21hawk

Legend

• Registered
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:32 PM

One each.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   TheMoose

TheMoose

Icon

• Registered
  • 763 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:47 PM

2-HR20's both are using dual tuners.

"Racing is . . . . . . . . Life . . . . . . . Everything before & after is just waiting"

#63 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:18 PM

Since I don't have an HR20 yet, I won't vote in the poll.

However, if you're taking mental notes Earl, when I do get one (two), I'll have dual tuners running to each one and dual tuners to my D*tivo ( I have 5 lines running to my living room set up and 2 lines running to every other room)

#64 OFFLINE   funhouse69

funhouse69

Icon

• Registered
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:31 AM

I'm shocked that 21 people out of 330 actually only have a single tuner connected. Isn't that one of the best features of a DVR? Hopefully this isn't an issue where they don't even know that they can have two tuners going at the same time? Or even installers that only ran / connected a single line or maybe just maybe it's because they don't have DLB - Sorry couldn't resist :D
Was with D* for over 10 years then switched to the dark-side a few years ago and haven't looked back. I truly enjoy the 50% savings and uninterrupted service

#65 OFFLINE   mx6bfast

mx6bfast

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach, FL

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:50 AM

I'm shocked that 21 people out of 330 actually only have a single tuner connected. Isn't that one of the best features of a DVR? Hopefully this isn't an issue where they don't even know that they can have two tuners going at the same time? Or even installers that only ran / connected a single line or maybe just maybe it's because they don't have DLB - Sorry couldn't resist :D

It's extremely hard to get a second line to mine due the way the ceiling is tiered. Both me and the installer have tried. He said he'd come out and spend more time on it a little later.

#66 OFFLINE   finaldiet

finaldiet

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:59 AM

Both are duel.:D

#67 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:24 AM

The reason one of my DVRs has only one tuner connected is that I added an H20 to my system and my Zinwell is maxed out...

Equipment includes a buncha stuff that I no longer have interest in detailing

#68 OFFLINE   Coffey77

Coffey77

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:37 AM

Had to read down a bit to see where I needed to vote. SWM Tester but I've had Dual's at all times. It's pretty much manditory and I always run it when I do installs.
- Andy
My Setup - (Computer Setup Included)
HR20-700 - / - / H20-100 -
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE<-- to DBSTalk.com and become a DBSTalk Club Member!

#69 OFFLINE   KSbugeater

KSbugeater

Godfather

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:06 PM

Single

1 SAT + 1 OTA line to HR20 (2nd tuner available for OTA, and HR20 is smart enough to recognize SAT conflicts (unlike HR10))
2 SAT + 1 OTA lines to HR10-250 (can record suggestions with all SAT Chs on both tuners)

3 is the most lines I can get to the basement (easily). Can't wait for SWM-5.

#70 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:12 PM

I have one of both. My 700 is in the family room with both tuner hooked up. My 100 is in my computer room with only 1 tuner hooked up.

#71 OFFLINE   69hokie

69hokie

Icon

• Registered
  • 716 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:57 PM

I would suspect that is why D* is bringing out the SWM. I have one HR20 with three wires in one room and I have only one wire to the room another of my HR20's is located in and have an HR10-250 with one wire in another room that will I will probably upgrade later. It would be impossible for me to run additional lines without major effort....so, I make due until the SWM is available for me to utilize the duel tuner feature completely. I was surprised the number reported in the poll was as low as it is for one tuner operation.

#72 OFFLINE   jdmac29

jdmac29

Godfather

• Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:20 PM

Dual tuner with swm5

#73 OFFLINE   mx6bfast

mx6bfast

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach, FL

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:36 PM

I asked earlier but didn't get a response. What is SWM?

#74 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:38 PM

I asked earlier but didn't get a response. What is SWM?

SWM=Single Wire Multi-Switch.

It allows you to run one line to a HR20 and use both tuners and it will work with the H20 and D12 when they get there software updates.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...