Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

BabyFirst TV Call???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mike770

Mike770

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:15 PM

I received a message on my voicemail regarding Babyfirst TV for $4.99. I did not call to have this channel added yet it says thanks for the order. The channel is now available on my system. I called D* about the voicemail and I said if that was the case I would the channel removed.

They said there is no indication that I have that channel ordered? :confused:

Any thought?
Mike

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

I received a message on my voicemail regarding Babyfirst TV for $4.99. I did not call to have this channel added yet it says thanks for the order. The channel is now available on y system. I called D* about the voicemail and I said if that was the case I would the channel removed.

Any thought?

Maybe the wife/girlfriend/mistress ordered it? Do they know something you don't? Might want to have a chat with them. Probably at seperate times. Wouldn't be a good idea to talk to all three at once. !rolling
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#3 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,469 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:27 PM

Eh, I had this happen a year ago about a new DVR (I hadn't ordered one). Something goes flukey in their system once in a while. Did you poke around the webpage for programming or upgrades recently?
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#4 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,099 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:47 PM

I received a message on my voicemail regarding Babyfirst TV for $4.99. I did not call to have this channel added yet it says thanks for the order. The channel is now available on my system. I called D* about the voicemail and I said if that was the case I would the channel removed.

Any thought?

Babyfirst costs $10 a month, unless they lowered the price.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#5 OFFLINE   Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:49 PM

Babyfirst costs $10 a month, unless they lowered the price.

What is Baby's First TV? And please don't tell me it's baby's first TV channel, I get that... What kind of programming? :)

If you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything.
- Emmett "Doc" Brown

DirecTV since 2006

#6 OFFLINE   Snoofie

Snoofie

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 520 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:49 PM

Eh, I had this happen a year ago about a new DVR (I hadn't ordered one). Something goes flukey in their system once in a while. Did you poke around the webpage for programming or upgrades recently?

I just noticed the other day that I was getting that channel and I never ordered it. Haven't seen anything on my bill either. I just thought maybe they were doing some sort of free preview.

#7 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,099 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:23 PM

What is Baby's First TV? And please don't tell me it's baby's first TV channel, I get that... What kind of programming? :)

It's baby development. Do a search.. It's owned by a woman. Nothing for adults. It's on E too.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#8 OFFLINE   ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationCMH

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:29 PM

Got the same VM yesterday, and just now got another one saying it had NOT been added to my account, sorry for the confusion and inconvenience, etc.
:pinkie:

#9 OFFLINE   mark_winn

mark_winn

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:30 PM

Just got a call from D* saying it was a mistake, people were notified incorrectly, and it not appear on your bill.
2 HR24's,1 HR20,2 HR21
2- 46" Samsung LCD,,32" Samsung LCD, 27" Samsung LCD,HDMI Connected to Sammy's
Native On,Slimeline 5LNB, AT&T DSL 6MBPS All HR2X networked enabled Network Enabled, VOD

#10 OFFLINE   Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:33 PM

Just got a call from D* saying it was a mistake, people were notified incorrectly, and it not appear on your bill.

Maybe it's DTV's way to "market the channel".

If you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything.
- Emmett "Doc" Brown

DirecTV since 2006

#11 OFFLINE   Mike770

Mike770

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:43 PM

I too received the VM stating that they made an error.

So all well that end well.
Mike

#12 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:33 AM

I received a message last night about it.

#13 OFFLINE   romwarrior88

romwarrior88

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:04 PM

BabyFirst TV is $4.99/month and is commercial free educational programming for children up to about three years old. We ordered it for our 4-month old and it has some stuff that she likes. But she pays more attention to the Baby Einstein vids right now. But again, she is only four months old.

#14 OFFLINE   Mixer

Mixer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:09 PM

I may avtually order that now. My 3 year old is past most of it but soon my newborn will benefit form it. Even if I get it for a few months and record a few hours of the good shows I think it would be worth it.
HR20-700:Component, TV:Mitsubishi WS65807, Audio is connected using Digital Toslink cable. OTA:NO, Locals:New York, Native:Off, Network:Yes, eSata:No, AT9 dish, BBC: Yes, Harmony 880. HR20 is wired, Streaming Music and Photos through Twonky Media Server and internet connection is 5MB DSL.

spam firewall