Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sneak Peak of MHD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:58 PM

MHD is a great channel. I never would have expected such a quality channel out of the same stable of supposed music video channels. First MTV, then VH1, then MTV 2, then CMT and now sadly VH1 Classic, have turned into scripted lifestyle channels. While repetitive, I love the Music With Altitude series, have no idea how many times I’ve seen the Goo Goo Dolls one but they put on a great show. No Pimp My Mom or Date My Car so called reality crap, just music. And another bonus, they actually play music I like, rock. While there is some rap crap, I don’t come acrossed it too often, and I guess teeny bop pop tarts wouldn’t be ideal to shoot in HD. You can see and hear too much detail and reveal the bad make up, lip synching and whatever else goes on in the sham of a music genre.

Although as HD prices continue to drop and more and more collage brats do the unthinkable and put off buying beer for a week and get HD, I’d expect the channel to go the same direction as it’s parent. I’ve been enjoying MHD for almost 7 months now and will continue to enjoy it while I can.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:30 PM

Although as HD prices continue to drop and more and more collage brats do the unthinkable and put off buying beer for a week and get HD, I’d expect the channel to go the same direction as it’s parent.

"Collage" brats? I guess you weren't one of the college brats. :lol:

#23 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:50 PM

ITT Tech graduate, no BS courses, and educated people. Couldn’t ask for anything better, higher education and a degree, without having to experience typical college life.

BTW – Along with hating my age group, I also suck at spelling :)
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Down With Verizon!

#24 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:26 PM

Since it's on 332 is it donrezzed or full HD?

332 is probably going to be it's permanent home come September.

It would be nice if they could put this channel into the guide, so I can see what's on and possibly set the DVR to record some stuff.

#25 OFFLINE   CoachGibbs

CoachGibbs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:27 AM

It's on now. You would think D* would have sent out an email or something about this. If you don't read these forums how would you know the channel was even there?

#26 OFFLINE   fredandbetty

fredandbetty

Godfather

• Registered
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:13 AM

It would be nice if they could put this channel into the guide, so I can see what's on and possibly set the DVR to record some stuff.

It's on here and in the guide... watched Bon Jovi unplugged last night on VH1 and saw the tail end of CMT Legends- Reba and Bon Jovi again on 332 this morning and it looked Really good!!!!!!!!!
5-LNB Dish, AT9 Dish, Zinwell multiswitch
2- HR20-700 ( Ver. 0x038E) HDMI connection, Native - On, Animations -OFF :) , R15-100 and R15-300
Mitsubishi 52"

AT&T U-verse Internet

#27 OFFLINE   cavihitts

cavihitts

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 431 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:10 AM

Well, looks like it showed up then. I haven't even checked.

#28 OFFLINE   lovswr

lovswr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 373 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:19 AM

It's on here and in the guide... watched Bon Jovi unplugged last night on VH1 and saw the tail end of CMT Legends- Reba and Bon Jovi again on 332 this morning and it looked Really good!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I have to ask, it was in HD & MPEG4?
Sony 60A2020 | Sony STR-DA5200ES | PS3 all via HDMI | XBOX360 via component | JBL Northridge Series 5.1
Sony KDF-E42A10 | Sony STR-DG820 | Samsung BD-P1500
BOTH HR20's & PS3 & XBOX 360 networked via tversity v 1.0 RC2
HD-DVD = 52 Blu Ray = 55

#29 OFFLINE   Mixer

Mixer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:34 AM

Anuone know which Sat will service this channel during the preview? I currently can not get the 110 and the 119 and I assume that is where it will be.

:(
HR20-700:Component, TV:Mitsubishi WS65807, Audio is connected using Digital Toslink cable. OTA:NO, Locals:New York, Native:Off, Network:Yes, eSata:No, AT9 dish, BBC: Yes, Harmony 880. HR20 is wired, Streaming Music and Photos through Twonky Media Server and internet connection is 5MB DSL.

#30 OFFLINE   love that tv

love that tv

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:56 AM

i was hoping that DTV would put all HD channel listing together like they currently do in the 70's,80's and 90's. MHD isnt a mirrored channel to just stick it in the menu randomly like they did.

#31 OFFLINE   twistedT

twistedT

Icon

• Registered
  • 778 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:46 AM

Is it still in your guide after the preview? It is not showing up in my guide now just before noon. I didn't check this morning to see if it was on.

#32 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,089 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:14 AM

Its in my guide on my HR20. Shows upcoming til 1am central then "MHD Sneak Peak" at 1.

#33 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:26 AM

i was hoping that DTV would put all HD channel listing together like they currently do in the 70's,80's and 90's. MHD isnt a mirrored channel to just stick it in the menu randomly like they did.

It wasn't stuck in randomly, it was placed right after MTV. It's a perfect spot for the channel. The new HD channels are not going to be grouped together, the ones that have SD counterparts will be on the same channel number as the SD channel, and the ones without them will be done like MHD.

#34 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:27 AM

Ok, I have to ask, it was in HD & MPEG4?

HD, not MPEG4.

#35 OFFLINE   twistedT

twistedT

Icon

• Registered
  • 778 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:32 AM

It just showed up in my guide.

#36 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:42 AM

It would be nice if the guide data wasn't completely useless for this channel. Are they just broadcasting the regular MHD feed, or is it like NGCHD where they're cherry-picking programming? I'd be inclined to think it's the regular feed, because it goes on for so long. But I wasn't able to catch it this morning.

#37 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:46 AM

What's DirceTV showing right now on the MHD teaser channel? The real channel is showing Crossroads with Steve Earle and Rosanne Cash.
Down With Verizon!

#38 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:55 AM

What's DirceTV showing right now on the MHD teaser channel?

Nothing, it's offline until 2AM Eastern.

Post #3,000!

#39 OFFLINE   Maleman

Maleman

Icon

• Registered
  • 859 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:49 PM

Just curious does anyone know why these sneak previews "seem" to show in the wee hours of the morning? At least here in PST.

Thanks to the poster for letting me know about this. It seems every satellite company never lets their customers know about upcoming preview channels etc.

Every satellite company I have had (3) all did the same and I only found out via forums-thanks.

#40 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:53 PM

Just curious does anyone know why these sneak previews "seem" to show in the wee hours of the morning?

That's the only time when they have the spare bandwidth to show them.

spam firewall