Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sneak Peak of MHD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:17 PM

I get I'm getting old :( The few times I have caught MHD it has had groups on I have never heard of and don't like :raspberry However, I will say the sound quality is good, if you like what is on :)

Dolly, I've seen Springsteen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Eric Clapton on there. I hope you've heard of them.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   WolfClan Dan

WolfClan Dan

Patiently Impatient

• Registered
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:38 PM

I love this sneak preview, I only hope the channel remains this way and is not destroyed by reality crap shows.
46 and 2 are just ahead of me.

#103 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:06 PM

Unfortunately, it will eventually, once MHD rises in popularity. A good portion of all the other Viacom owned music video channels went to crap as they rose in popularity and got more carriage, no logical reason why MHD won’t follow the same path.

The few times I have caught MHD it has had groups on I have never heard of and don't like

You never heard of and/or don’t like the Goo Goo Dolls? Maybe’s it’s because they’re local, but they do have some great tunes, and I hear they up on a great show, the Music With Altitude concert was awesome to watch on MHD. The Goos remind me of the ‘90s alt group, the Gin Blossoms.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#104 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:27 PM

no logical reason why MHD won’t follow the same path.

I'd disagree with you there. I think we'll see actual HD versions of Viacom's existing "music" networks (MTV HD, VH1 HD, etc...) and they'll leave MHD alone.

#105 OFFLINE   WolfClan Dan

WolfClan Dan

Patiently Impatient

• Registered
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:29 AM

I'd disagree with you there. I think we'll see actual HD versions of Viacom's existing "music" networks (MTV HD, VH1 HD, etc...) and they'll leave MHD alone.

i hope you are right, and i hope someone in the right spot hears the message.

mtv2 was fantastic.

now it is a re-run central of their crappy reality crud
46 and 2 are just ahead of me.

#106 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:43 AM

Any idea if the Live Earth concerts will be on MHD?

DirecTV customer since 1996

#107 OFFLINE   Bluto17

Bluto17

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:20 AM

Any idea if the Live Earth concerts will be on MHD?

NBC-Universal channels will carry Live Earth in the States. I hope you have Universal HD - they are going to carry 20 or hours of the concerts. And NBC will have three hours of HD coverage too.

#108 OFFLINE   Baxter Mccloud

Baxter Mccloud

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:52 AM

Great channel. Hope it remains music only. I caught some great videos and concerts from those darn rappers that you oldies love to hate. :)
Hip Hop Honors, Daddy Yankee Concert, and other stuff looked and sounded great. I think the channel does an excellent job handling fast moving and flashing material. Minimal pixelation on my Hitatchi. Definately alot better than the CD USA channel.
Now if they could only stop airing that annoying Duran Duran ad for Mits!
The commercial comes on every break and the sound is always way louder that the show. "You can touch the sunrise...." I'll touch my remote and change the channel. :) Duran Duran havent been hot since the 90's. Or the 80's if your a real hater.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...