Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TNT / Nascar- Kyle Petty drops the F Bomb

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:34 AM

By the way, based on your picture and age, you probably don't remember the 1980s ...

I remember a lot of the '80s pertaining to my own life, but when it comes to social, political and pop culture events, I saw a VH1 Special once :)
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:07 PM

I remember a lot of the '80s pertaining to my own life, but when it comes to social, political and pop culture events, I saw a VH1 Special once :)

Better you saw the VH1 special and not lived through it!:lol:

#53 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:09 PM

:lol: That seems to be a very common feeling.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Down With Verizon!

#54 OFFLINE   GeorgeLV

GeorgeLV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:26 PM

I can't believe the f-bomb used purely as an expletive still gets a rise out of some folks.

As far as what a normal social views are, I'm pretty sure both purtman and Steve are off the mark. However, at the end of the day we can all agree to point to the furries as examples of social outcasts and deviancy. :D

#55 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 12:24 AM

I would love for Kyle to have to read this thread :lol: He would probably never use the word again :D

#56 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 12:33 AM

Two years in a row (1992 and 1993 I think) I met Kyle Petty's pit crew (along with Mark Martins, Bill Elliots and a few others) at the small diner we used to stop at for breakfast outside of Watkins Glenn. I'll head down next month and see if anyone from Petty Enterprises is there and tell them to tell Kyle about this site. :D
Down With Verizon!

#57 OFFLINE   jhillestad

jhillestad

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:16 AM

Since when is driving a hereditary trait ?

#58 OFFLINE   GeorgeLV

GeorgeLV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 12:49 PM

Since when is driving a hereditary trait ?

It's not. However, it helps a lot when trying to sell the parents on the enormous expense to compete on a world class level.

#59 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,261 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:15 PM

I wonder when the FCC will announce their multi million dollar fine against TNT/Turner for that word being heard on air?

1) It's cable and not regulated by the FCC. The BIG boys use public airwaves.

2) It's a sporting event and sometimes language is excusable.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#60 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:11 PM

Two years in a row (1992 and 1993 I think) I met Kyle Petty's pit crew (along with Mark Martins, Bill Elliots and a few others) at the small diner we used to stop at for breakfast outside of Watkins Glenn. I'll head down next month and see if anyone from Petty Enterprises is there and tell them to tell Kyle about this site. :D

Please do :) And I hope he reads every word in the thread :lol: I like Kyle and I didn't mean to give the impression that I think he is an awful person for using that word. Sometimes things are said at a bad time and a wreck would certainly be a bad time that may never had been said at any other time. And then again this may be just typical race track talk? I've never been to a race at all in person so I have no idea what goes on :rolleyes:

#61 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:37 PM

I was always told that 3 subjects you should avoid talking about in mixed company (male/female) were: Sex, Religion, and Politics. Since we have covered the 1st two anyone want to try for #3--wait that's right we can't talk Politics on the Forum :(

#62 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,982 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:30 PM

I was always told that 3 subjects you should avoid talking about in mixed company (male/female) were: Sex, Religion, and Politics. Since we have covered the 1st two anyone want to try for #3--wait that's right we can't talk Politics on the Forum :(

Actually all three are verboten - even in The OT.

(Not that there isn't a little leeway as long as no one gets too annoyed.)

In this case it appears people are getting annoyed.
This is a DBS discussion forum ... that's why we call it DBSTalk and not SexTalk, GodTalk or PoliTalk.
It is time to move on.

**CLOSED**
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...