Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

YES channel problem?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lenjack

lenjack

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:13 PM

I have an H20-100 and an at9 5lnb antenna. My package is supposed to include the YES network. Most times it come in, but during the Yankee games and Yankeeography, it goes black and says "not available in your area".

I live in Southcentral PA so I'm not in an area that should be "blacked out" of games. Any ideas? I'd like to get the games. Do I need to pay an added fee for this? I'm not interested in the other games.

Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lewah33

lewah33

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:18 PM

its prob because you aren't in the Yankess home territory. You will likely need to puchase MLB Extra Innings.

#3 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:24 PM

If YES is considered one of your local sports stations, you should get the Yankees. Do you have the Mets' games?

#4 OFFLINE   Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

YES Network has a smaller home territory than most people think. And if you are out that specific range of zipcodes, you will not get stuff like New York Yankees Encore games (replays), Yankeeography, Yankees Classics, Yankees Magazine, and This Week in Baseball.
There are two kinds of Strength: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of Power: The power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked.

#5 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,267 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:43 PM

lenjack, what do you mean the YES network is supposed to be in your package? You mean you got the Sportspak? If so, the professional sports will all be blacked out. You have to get Extra Innings (or the other packages for the corresponding sports) to get those.

I doubt that south central PA is YES territory. What town or zip code? You can go to this link http://www.directv.c...ssetId=P3000004 and put in your zip code to see what you would get without those subscriptions.

Edit: I saw from another thread that you are in Harrisburg. Harrisburg gets the Orioles, Nationals and Pirates in baseball. For the Yankees, you will need Extra Innings. You should get most of their games with the only possible blackouts being when the play the Orioles but you would get them on the Orioles station (MASN).

In other sports, you get the Penquins, Capitals and DC United.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#6 OFFLINE   lenjack

lenjack

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:55 PM

I do get Yankee magazine, and Encore games, but tje games are blacked out.

#7 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:38 PM

YES Network has a smaller home territory than most people think. And if you are out that specific range of zipcodes, you will not get stuff like New York Yankees Encore games (replays), Yankeeography, Yankees Classics, Yankees Magazine, and This Week in Baseball.

Actually Yankees Classics are not blacked out. At least Ive never seen one blacked out in Ohio.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#8 OFFLINE   HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts
  • Locationnorth east pa

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:10 AM

I Live In N.e. Pa. Yes In Hd Good Pic All Games

spam firewall