Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ticket Auto Renewal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NYSmoker

NYSmoker

Icon

• Registered
  • 657 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:26 AM

I was auto renewed for Sunday Ticket on my last statement from DTV. Being as I do not want to renew it I called customer service and had it removed at least 2 weeks ago. It does not show under My Programming on Directv.com. Yesterday I went to Sunday Ticket channel and it informed me I was authorized for this program. Am I in for headaches and problems? Is DTV going to charge me for this and give me grief over removing the charges?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,249 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:54 AM

I was auto renewed for Sunday Ticket on my last statement from DTV. Being as I do not want to renew it I called customer service and had it removed at least 2 weeks ago. It does not show under My Programming on Directv.com. Yesterday I went to Sunday Ticket channel and it informed me I was authorized for this program. Am I in for headaches and problems? Is DTV going to charge me for this and give me grief over removing the charges?

While I am surprised you are still showing as authorized, I would call again just to verify.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#3 OFFLINE   cavihitts

cavihitts

Godfather

• Registered
  • 431 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:53 AM

Call back to cancell or comfirm that is was cancelled. You never know, they may offer you something to keep it. ;)

#4 OFFLINE   NYSmoker

NYSmoker

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 657 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:03 AM

I know I will have to call, just dreading it. I doubt they will offer me anything, when asked why I was cancelling I told them superfan was just too much to make it worth it and they gladly cancelled it for me without offering me anything.

#5 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:37 AM

NYS,
When I called to cancel last year...they had a special phone number in place that handled the cancellations automatically. It worked too...which for D is quite an accomplishment.

#6 OFFLINE   packfan909

packfan909

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:36 AM

I am in the same boat. Still show the authorization on screen even though I cancelled. Calling back in right now.

pf

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Customer Service. Apparently, they only removed SuperFan when I called in to cancel the first time. They have removed ST as well and can confirm on 107 that it was removed. They also did not offer SF to free even though I mentioned that SF costs were the reason why I was cancelling.
DirecTV & Sirius Subscriber - Hardware on Profile
HR20-700 CFG: OTA Y | LAN: Bridged | 1080i Str | Rem IR Harmony 676 | HDMI
HR20-700 CFG: OTA Y | LAN: Wired | 480p Str | Rem RF RC24 | Component
HR21-700 CFG: OTA Y | LAN: Wired | 1080i LB | Rem RC32 | Component
uPnP Software: TVersity Pro BETA 1.5
Internet: Fiber 10MB via Surewest, Airlink+ Router

#7 OFFLINE   hobbes

hobbes

Godfather

• Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:44 AM

My favorite was when I called to cancel the autorenew on an NCAA Final Four subscription in February...

CSR: I'm sorry, but we can't cancel the subscription once the season has started.

Me: Yes, I understand that. But we are in February...

>>pause<<

Me: The name of the subscription is "March Madness..."

>>pause<<

Me: So the season hasn't started yet...

CSR: OK, let me get my supervisor to authorize that cancellation.......

--
I get that the info in her computer probably was showing the season for the previous year being active still, but I thought it was kind of funny.

- HR20-700 to Samsung DLP S5687W via Audio/Video Conx: HDMI; DECA to router
- HR21-200 to Samsung LCD LN37B650 via Audio/Video Conx: HDMI; DECA to router; Slingbox Pro via Conx: Component
- Slimline3, SWM-8 with 4-way DirecTV installed splitter, ~50' RG-6 Dish to SWM.
- HR20-700 Setup: Native - On; Network - Yes; eSata - No; OTA - No. CID - No.
- HR21-200 Setup: Native - On; Network - Yes; eSata - No; OTA - No. CID - No.

#8 OFFLINE   ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationCMH

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:16 PM

LOL
:pinkie:

#9 OFFLINE   mndwalsh

mndwalsh

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:21 AM

it took me 3 calls and then and email for them to call be b4 I finally got NFLST canceled.

Each time was harder than the previous and with all calls they told me it was done.

#10 OFFLINE   jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationManchester NH

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:30 PM

Same boat here,shows up on my staement and online.i called twice about this already
Jimmy

#11 OFFLINE   coota

coota

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

if you cancel ST, do you also lose NFL Network?

#12 OFFLINE   DrZ

DrZ

Godfather

• Registered
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:29 PM

No the NFL network is separate from Sunday Ticket

#13 OFFLINE   mndwalsh

mndwalsh

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:04 AM

it took me 3 calls and then and email for them to call be b4 I finally got NFLST canceled.

Each time was harder than the previous and with all calls they told me it was done.

Classic, got my bill and it didn't have my promo for premier and sunday ticket still shows up

On the phone now for the last 10 minutes to try and get the credit and NFLST removed for the 4th time. All the notes are in my account as she is reading them back to me. They now have me on hold to try and figure it out but she did say that she may need to transfer me again to get NFLST removed.

Unreal, I am thinking my neighbor has something to do with it because he wants me to have NFLST more than I do.

#14 OFFLINE   cavihitts

cavihitts

Godfather

• Registered
  • 431 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:37 AM

Unreal, I am thinking my neighbor has something to do with it because he wants me to have NFLST more than I do.

Put a password on your account :lol:

#15 OFFLINE   5678YN

5678YN

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:02 AM

I had a similar problem with the NCAA tourney. I was renewed and billed the next year and was told I had to request cancellation before the following year started. Best of luck but I did have to pay and canceled the following year at the same time.

#16 OFFLINE   NYSmoker

NYSmoker

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 657 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:48 AM

Of course I get my bill this month and what should appear,
a charge for Sunday Ticket.
HR21-700 HDMI --> Sharp Aquos 42" LCD
HR20-700 HDMI --> Sharp Aquos 26" LCD .

#17 OFFLINE   ajwillys

ajwillys

Godfather

• Registered
  • 314 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:29 AM

It took me two calls to get mine canceled too....
AT9->WB68->HR20 and (2) R15's
Networked, HR20 Audio->Optical Digital->Pioneer VSX-D812K, HR20 Video->6' HDMI->Sony KDS-50A2000
R15's->Composite->TV's not worth mentioning

spam firewall