Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"Plus HD DVR" Package Content

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:18 PM

Do you get SD Locals with the PLUS HD DVR package?

I've recently cancelled all of my premium packages and switched to Blockbuster total access unlimited. Here is what I'm currently paying:

LOCALS HD $0.00 / included w/Local Programming
DIRECTV DVR Service $5.99 / Monthly
HD Access $9.99 / Monthly
TOTAL CHOICE PLUS $51.99 / Monthly
Monthly Total $67.97 / Month

This is what the website I would pay if I chose the PLUS HD DVR plan, note that it says no locals and I get charged 9.99 still?

PLUS HD DVR - no locals $66.99 / Monthly
HD Access $9.99 / Monthly
LOCALS HD $0.00 / included w/Local Programming
DIRECTV DVR Service $0.00 / Price included in base package
Monthly Total $76.97 / Month

Is that right?

What is blockbuster :confused:

#22 OFFLINE   morgantown

morgantown

Icon

• Registered
  • 902 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:39 PM

What is blockbuster :confused:

I'd bet he meant canceling the movie channels and going the Netflix route, just using the video rental store Blockbuster's program instead. That way you can do rentals trough the mail and store -- especially when you have a store very close by.
DTV & NFLST since 97 at least, not looked back yet...

#23 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:42 PM

I'd bet he meant canceling the movie channels and going the Netflix route, just using the video rental store Blockbuster's program instead. That way you can do rentals trough the mail and store -- especially when you have a store very close by.

#24 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:33 PM

Am I correct in assuming this package contains the 5 basic HD channels and your locals in HD for the quoted $69.99/mo price at D* website???

Right now I have an older total choice package that is $64.99 and I pay $9.99 more for the 7HD and $5.99 for my locals for a total of $81 +/-.

The "PLUS HD DVR" package is only $69.99 and if that contains the HD and HD locals thats $11 less!!!

Thanks for you help here.

Check the channels in your package before you switch. It sounds like it may be an old (ancient) total choice value package, which may include some movie channels.

#25 OFFLINE   5678YN

5678YN

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:02 PM

D* called today and I did make the switch to the PLUS HD DVR package for $69.99 that includes the basic HD channels and locals in HD. As I went from an H10 to the DVR I was not able to get the $19.95 deal others have reported. The story I got was that they offered this deal only to existing DVR customers. He did give a 12 month $10 package discount so the HR20 and 5 lnb dish update is only actually costing me $69 and not the quoted $199 upgrade price. Coming Thur AM to install. I dropped HBO for now so my bill went from $81 to $70 plus the 12 month $10 discount. I'm happy with that. Will probably add HBO later after the added HD channels come into reality.

spam firewall