Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H20 HDMI question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   SubaruWRX

SubaruWRX

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:33 PM

without a picture: the center LNB is a combo [99, 101, 103] the first one "off center" is for the 110 & the farthest from center is the 119.
Does this help?

thanks that helps and I did find the picture it was hidden under all these pictures I have. And it seems it is the AT9 dish instead of the slimline that I thought I had a picture of.

Posted Image

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,637 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:58 PM

thanks that helps and I did find the picture it was hidden under all these pictures I have. And it seems it is the AT9 dish instead of the slimline that I thought I had a picture of.

they work the same [the slimline has the LNBs in one assembly (arm)]
A.K.A VOS

#23 OFFLINE   SubaruWRX

SubaruWRX

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:40 PM

the one part I don't understand is will my access card already be active when the installer comes?

#24 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,637 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:31 PM

the one part I don't understand is will my access card already be active when the installer comes?

No you will need to call D* and have the receiver & access card numbers log in on your account to activate the equipment.
A.K.A VOS

#25 OFFLINE   SubaruWRX

SubaruWRX

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

Ok got it.

#26 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:21 PM

And the installer usually does it for you. He/she's typically got direct connections. :)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#27 OFFLINE   SubaruWRX

SubaruWRX

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:27 PM

I tell you one thing the wait is killing me!

Nothing like cablevision where at least if you start off on a new week they would at least make it by the week..

5 more days to go..

At the moment I'm looking outside my window for where the dish will go seems all is well at least for the HD side of things..

Another thing about the H20 box is when I change the mode to 720P does it stay in that mode until I change it again or will it change on it's own if say like something 1080i comes on?

#28 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:29 PM

I tell you one thing the wait is killing me!

Nothing like cablevision where at least if you start off on a new week they would at least make it by the week..

5 more days to go..

At the moment I'm looking outside my window for where the dish will go seems all is well at least for the HD side of things..

Another thing about the H20 box is when I change the mode to 720P does it stay in that mode until I change it again or will it change on it's own if say like something 1080i comes on?

Turn native off and set it to 720p and it will stay there.

#29 OFFLINE   SubaruWRX

SubaruWRX

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:22 PM

And another thing.. I looked at the manual and unless I missed it the H20 said nothing about HDCP?

#30 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,637 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:45 PM

And another thing.. I looked at the manual and unless I missed it the H20 said nothing about HDCP?

HDMI has HDCP so whether in the manual or not, it's there.
A.K.A VOS

#31 OFFLINE   SubaruWRX

SubaruWRX

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:59 PM

And the installer usually does it for you. He/she's typically got direct connections. :)

Cheers,
Tom

You know thinking about it I hope I wont have anything to snag me..

One thing that concerns me is I've been here a year and what I have noticed was 3 sat dishes are now gone and from my back window only one is still up and it's a Direct Tv dish.. the one closest to me was a Dish and the 2 down on the far left were Direct TV.

I did not watch them being taken down but with that many taken down in a year I wonder if they put some kind of thing up saying you can't have sat tv service?

and I can't tell if that D* dish is installed at all since it seems a coax is dangling from the dish.

Attached Thumbnails

• gone1.jpg
  • gone2.jpg
  • still_up.jpg

#32 OFFLINE   eilloc

eilloc

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:25 AM

SubaruWRX:
For what it's worth, I've had the H20-600 for 18 months and it has worked near flawlessly. Only a few times has it rebooted for no obvious reason--it usually happens when I'm using the remote for something, but have never figured out what triggered re-booting. I've been thinking about upgrading to the HR20 but all the negative comments about it make me reluctant to do so since this one works so well.

#33 OFFLINE   SubaruWRX

SubaruWRX

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:40 AM

with all this rebooting and so on Does DirectTv know anything about it?

spam firewall