Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ESPN Gameplan Early Bird

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   dhines

dhines

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:17 AM

I would go for it too if it were in HD. ABCHD and ESPNHD do a pretty good job anyway. We have been lucky as the Gators have done well enough to be televised frequently. (Gloat, gloat)

lucky meaning they haven't had to face USC, yes i happen to finally agree with a gator.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   gobucks100

gobucks100

AllStar

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:50 AM

With the new contract between the Big10 and ESPN/ABC, all regional games not shown on ABC will be shown on 1 of the main ESPN channels (ESPN, ESPN2). Therefore, there will be NO Big10 games shown on Gameplan. Zero games for anyone throughout the whole country.

Can you provide a link? I was using the FAQ information on D* Game plan package info and The BTN website, No where does it say that ABC regionally broadcast Big 10 games will be on alterante ESPN channel in out of market areas and not available on GP. I know that ABC/ESPN has shown an ABC game on ESPN in out of market areas which they did do 2 years ago when the west coast ABC stations did not carry a 9:00 AM OSU MIchigan game and was on an alternate espn channel instead. However I dont think it is a requirement for all Big !0 regional games going forward..

If what you say is true, I definitely will not be renewing GP with year, but I can not find any information that supports your comment.

Jeff

#23 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:30 PM

Can you provide a link? I was using the FAQ information on D* Game plan package info and The BTN website, No where does it say that ABC regionally broadcast Big 10 games will be on alterante ESPN channel in out of market areas and not available on GP. I know that ABC/ESPN has shown an ABC game on ESPN in out of market areas which they did do 2 years ago when the west coast ABC stations did not carry a 9:00 AM OSU MIchigan game and was on an alternate espn channel instead. However I dont think it is a requirement for all Big !0 regional games going forward..

If what you say is true, I definitely will not be renewing GP with year, but I can not find any information that supports your comment.

Jeff

That is LAST years FAQ it probably won't be updated for a few more weeks yet. As I said earlier no more GP for Ben Ten games.

Here is a link:
http://bigten.cstv.c.../062106aad.html

All regional afternoon football games aired on ABC will be aired by ESPN/ESPN2 in outer-markets, making these games nationally available;

Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#24 OFFLINE   gobucks100

gobucks100

AllStar

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:58 PM

That is LAST years FAQ it probably won't be updated for a few more weeks yet. As I said earlier no more GP for Ben Ten games.

Here is a link:
http://bigten.cstv.c.../062106aad.html

Thanks Dan, I stand corrected.

Since is looks like there is no Big 10 Games on Game Plan and that Game Plan is not going to be available in HD, I see no reason to continue to get this package for the season. I can always pay for a game/week here and there if there is an interesting game but probably not if not in HD. I sent an email into ESPN to confirm. Will let all know if I get a reply.

Now all I need to know is that D* will be showing all of the concurrent games on alternate BTN channels. One week, they have Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State all playing different games at the same time on BTN. I would not want to be working customer service at D* if all of these games are not available. The phones will be ringing off the hook.

Anybody else notice that ESPN Game Plan ad on the Game plan info web page at D* has a picture of Troy Smith. Sure looks like they are trying to make it look like the Big 10 Games are there.

Jeff

#25 OFFLINE   terryfoster

terryfoster

Godfather

• Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:51 PM

There may be some B10 games on GamePlan, but those will be non-conference away games as the TV rights fall to the home conference.

#26 OFFLINE   stlboilerdave

stlboilerdave

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:48 AM

There may be some B10 games on GamePlan, but those will be non-conference away games as the TV rights fall to the home conference.

Good catch. But, we all know that will be very rare. Of the 4 non-conference games they play, 3 are usually home games. The road one is typically semi-attractive enough that a network would pick it up from that home conference. For example, Purdue plays at Toledo; ESPNU will provide coverage of that game. Therefore, it is guaranteed 0 Purdue games will be on Gameplan.

#27 OFFLINE   stlboilerdave

stlboilerdave

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:50 AM

Since is looks like there is no Big 10 Games on Game Plan and that Game Plan is not going to be available in HD, I see no reason to continue to get this package for the season. I can always pay for a game/week here and there if there is an interesting game but probably not if not in HD. I sent an email into ESPN to confirm. Will let all know if I get a reply.

Now all I need to know is that D* will be showing all of the concurrent games on alternate BTN channels. One week, they have Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State all playing different games at the same time on BTN. I would not want to be working customer service at D* if all of these games are not available. The phones will be ringing off the hook.

Anybody else notice that ESPN Game Plan ad on the Game plan info web page at D* has a picture of Troy Smith. Sure looks like they are trying to make it look like the Big 10 Games are there.

Jeff

I don't think it's been stated, but it would be a safe guess that D* would carry all of the Big10 feeds. They have been in this from the start. I'd worry more if I was a cable subscriber.

The question could be "will D* carry all of the HD feeds of all of the games played at the same time and will that happen opening weekend?"

#28 OFFLINE   terryfoster

terryfoster

Godfather

• Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

The question could be "will D* carry all of the HD feeds of all of the games played at the same time and will that happen opening weekend?"

Yes and no. Yes D* will carry all the HD feeds, but since their target go live date for the new sat is September, I get the feeling that 9/1 is too early for all HD feeds for the opening weekend. I suppose there could be enough special event HD channels to cover 4 games at one time.

Michigan is already guaranteed to be without a game on GP, so I'm very happy!

#29 OFFLINE   TriggerDeems

TriggerDeems

Godfather

• Registered
  • 344 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:17 PM

Since is looks like there is no Big 10 Games on Game Plan and that Game Plan is not going to be available in HD, I see no reason to continue to get this package for the season.

Jeff

If you look at Directv's page where you can add it as a service, it says the following:

Maximum College Football. Brings you to top teams, key rivalries, major conferences matchups, including the action from the Big XII, ACC, SEC, Pac-10, Big East, MAC, WAC and Sun Belt. Get up to 10 games each Saturday during the regular season. Enjoy the best coverage of college football anywhere.

Note, Big Ten isn't meantioned--possible confirmation of what we are suspecting
Trigger

Protected By... spam firewall...And...