Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Channel Guide not updating

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:29 PM

My channel guide is showing No Information available on most of the channels when I pull up the Guide. Any suggestions? Thank you
Smackman THE KING OF SMACK: Dish Customer since 2000
VIP 722

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Bill R

Bill R

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:25 PM

Run a switch test. It should update after that.
Bill R

#3 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 853 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:14 PM

Hmm, Souldn't have to do that on a state-of-the-art machine. If it continues to do that I would call and ask for a new one.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#4 OFFLINE   jrlaw10

jrlaw10

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:22 PM

For my D* service I would reboot the receiver and the guide info will re-appear. Not sure if this works for Dish.

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,449 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:35 PM

Sometimes you can also bring up the guide, and highlight one of those "info not available" areas, then scroll to the right... to more not available data, and sometimes it will prompt you to download/refresh the EPG without having to do a check switch.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#6 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:39 PM

Hmm, Souldn't have to do that on a state-of-the-art machine. If it continues to do that I would call and ask for a new one.

Yu should nothave to but sometimes you do.
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#7 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:10 AM

Here is what the problem was I "think":
I had disconnected my off air antenna because of lightning and forgot about it for 6-7 hours. It seems to have caused my channel guide to be confused. When I re-connected the antenna everything started updating. I even got a message telling me my channel guide needed updating and ask me if I had 5 minutes to do this. My guide seem to already be fine but I said yes anyway. Everything now is fine.
All of my timers got screwed up because my channel guide was showing no info. available. It was crazy to say the least. I was showinhg 110 events to be recorded under the title of NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE. This also fixed itself when I reconnected the off air antenna and my locals started updating. Soft reboots and hard reboots done no good. This was weird to say the least. Thanks for info.
Smackman THE KING OF SMACK: Dish Customer since 2000
VIP 722

spam firewall