Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Vip622 installation question...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Calvin386

Calvin386

Godfather

• Registered
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:31 AM

Well after a few months of coming to this board and getting all the info I needed to get ready for my 622 install, I was finally ready for the installer to come. I had spent about 4 hours running all the wires I needed to get everything running the way I wanted it. All the installer had to do was change out my dish and hook up the receiver. Then Bam! Line of sight was blocked by a tree. The tree is coming down.

Now on to my question...I have ran 2 seperate rg6 coax cables from my dish location to my receiver location. The installer said he only needed to use one of them because the vip622 has a built in seperator or something to that effect. I thought there were 2 tuner inputs on the back of the 622 designed to come from the dish. Should I insist that the installer use both inputs?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   paulcdavis

paulcdavis

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:57 AM

Well after a few months of coming to this board and getting all the info I needed to get ready for my 622 install, I was finally ready for the installer to come. I had spent about 4 hours running all the wires I needed to get everything running the way I wanted it. All the installer had to do was change out my dish and hook up the receiver. Then Bam! Line of sight was blocked by a tree. The tree is coming down.

Now on to my question...I have ran 2 separate rg6 coax cables from my dish location to my receiver location. The installer said he only needed to use one of them because the vip622 has a built in seperator or something to that effect. I thought there were 2 tuner inputs on the back of the 622 designed to come from the dish. Should I insist that the installer use both inputs?

Thanks

The Dish 1000 has one output that uses band stacking to put both SAT 1 and SAT 2 on the same RG6. A separator will be installed at your 622 to go from one cable to the two sat inputs.

Band stacking is why you must be sure that your cable is rated to at least 2.25 GHz (3 GHz is better) and that all grounding blocks, barrel connectors, surge protectors, etc., are rated for 3 GHz.

They have a blue center (dielectric) usually instead of white for identification.

Use the extra RG6 for your OTA antenna. You'll need it for PBS HD.

Paul
Vip 622 activated: 5/28/07
Dish 1000-1
SW: L405 RB6D-N 5/28/07
HW: RBGD-N Bootstrap 1711 RB6D

#3 OFFLINE   mr1213

mr1213

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:58 AM

Only one line is required per receiver because a special splitter is installed right in back of the receiver for the two satellite inputs.

#4 OFFLINE   Calvin386

Calvin386

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:16 AM

I assume the installer will have the 3GHz cable on the truck? We can use the line I have already run to pull it through the wall with no problem.

Thanks for the info

#5 OFFLINE   HD_Wayne

HD_Wayne

Legend

• Registered
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:02 PM

Now on to my question...I have ran 2 seperate rg6 coax cables from my dish location to my receiver location. The installer said he only needed to use one of them because the vip622 has a built in seperator or something to that effect. I thought there were 2 tuner inputs on the back of the 622 designed to come from the dish. Should I insist that the installer use both inputs?

Thanks

Use the extra RG6 for your OTA antenna. You'll need it for PBS HD.

If you purchased your cable from Home Depot or similar it is usually labeled for the frequency range and may not have to be replaced if it covers up to 2150 MHz. In the Dish 1000 antenna the twin LNBF should be a Dish Pro Plus type to use the separator for single cable runs to the ViP622. The Dish 1000.2 is also a Dish Pro Plus type. Any switches used need to be Dish Pro Plus compatible like the DPP44.

D* will be carrying PBS HD this fall so I assume that E* will want to do the same.

Wayne

#6 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,217 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:32 PM

D* will be carrying PBS HD this fall so I assume that E* will want to do the same.

Where did you discover this?

#7 OFFLINE   HD_Wayne

HD_Wayne

Legend

• Registered
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:34 AM

Where did you discover this?

In February I was at a forum where the pgm manager from KQED (CH9 SFO, CA) said that D* will be carrying their content in HD this fall. So I assume that if D* has it in HD then E* will follow suit and have it in HD also.

Wayne

#8 OFFLINE   bheil

bheil

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:28 PM

The Dish 1000 has one output that uses band stacking to put both SAT 1 and SAT 2 on the same RG6. A separator will be installed at your 622 to go from one cable to the two sat inputs.

Paul

Is this going to screw me up? I have a 510 (that just went **** up) and a 622. I called and upgraded the 510 to a 622. Can I use a splitter on both cables coming from the Dish 1000 and gain the use of all 4 tuners? Or do I get 2 on my original 622 and 1 on the new box?

#9 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

One cable to each box and use the separators to connect the total of four inputs.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#10 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:44 PM

Assuming the Dish 1000 has the typical DPP Twin.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

Protected By... spam firewall...And...