Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

WeaKnees Now Offering HR20 Upgrades

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   georgeorwell

georgeorwell

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:17 PM

Or, if your upgrading:

750GB drive and enclosure, $350-$400

weaKnees 750GB upgrade, $449

That's only $50-$100 premium. Is that too much to pay for an upgraded internal drive on a leased HR20, with D*'s blessing?

If the upgrade has D*'s blessing,
and if you get to keep the drive.

That price is a little off for the 750GB. The Seagate Free Agent that a lot of us use is only $250.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,212 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:55 PM

"or so you've heard", right? Not that you've done it ;)

lc, correct!

Haven't done it and don't plan to. eSATA has been flawless.

#53 OFFLINE   cygnusloop

cygnusloop

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:37 PM

That price is a little off for the 750GB. The Seagate Free Agent that a lot of us use is only $250.

I understand there are cheaper options, but for a fair comparison to the weaKnees upgrade, my estimation was for the Seagate DB35 Series ST3750840SCE, the same drive they use. See post #40.

#54 OFFLINE   ICM2000

ICM2000

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:29 AM

As stated by Earl and others, this is not a bargain and if you have to replace your HR20 for any reason, you lose the drive that was installed by Weaknees.

750GB Seagate Drive $199.99 (with free shipping)

Antec MX-1 ESATA enclosure $48.36

Anyone know if the SATA cable included with the Antec MX-1 is compatible with the HR20? Thanks.

#55 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,212 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:33 AM

Anyone know if the SATA cable included with the Antec MX-1 is compatible with the HR20? Thanks.

The eSATA cable with the MX-1 is fine. Just installed two MX-1's.

#56 OFFLINE   LI-SVT

LI-SVT

Icon

• Registered
  • 649 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:59 AM

That sounds aesthetically pleasing, Steve. Being a long term electronics junkie, and a slob, I don't have the same aspirations and some times lose site of those with a modicum of class.

I use a 7 ft tall 19" rolling rack, with movable and slotted shelves, so I can pretty much do anything I want. My aesthetic angle is covered with MagnaPlanar front mains.:D

Sounds cool, got pictures?

Ultimate plus movie channels

One Genie

Two HR21P

Protected By... spam firewall...And...