Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

For you Jeff Gordon fans....8 of the next 9 he's on

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:18 PM

I just heard it through the grapevine....Gordon is going to be on in 8 of the next 9 races on NASCAR HotPass starting with this week at Daytona. I know there have been a lot of Gordon fans here that have sent me private messages and such....great news for all of you. Obviously things are subject to change, but that's the schedule right now which is terrific.

Posted ImagePosted Image

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bigsmiff

bigsmiff

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:30 PM

[quote name='Satelliteracer']I just heard it through the grapevine....Gordon is going to be on in 8 of the next 9 races on NASCAR HotPass starting with this week at Daytona. I know there have been a lot of Gordon fans here that have sent me private messages and such....great news for all of you. Obviously things are subject to change, but that's the schedule right now which is terrific.

Thanks for the heads up :D

#3 OFFLINE   twistedT

twistedT

Icon

• Registered
  • 778 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

Well that figures, my son just went to his moms for the rest of the summer. She doesn't have D* or Hotpass!! Poor kid....

#4 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:17 AM

Well that figures, my son just went to his moms for the rest of the summer. She doesn't have D* or Hotpass!! Poor kid....

That is a bummer....my son is a diehard 24 car fan as well.

#5 OFFLINE   twistedT

twistedT

Icon

• Registered
  • 778 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

I'm going to miss Steve Letarte too, he always got some kind of master plan going behind the scenes. We'll have to see how the new guy does.

#6 OFFLINE   Jimbo2

Jimbo2

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

What is your opinions of Hot Pass ? or is it Track pass, I can't keep them straight ...
I'm talking about the one on D*.

Isn't J. Gordon normally on the in car channels, I would think that him and Jr and maybe Tony would be regulars there.

Jimbo

#7 OFFLINE   jselinger24

jselinger24

Legend

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:22 PM

I just heard it through the grapevine....Gordon is going to be on in 8 of the next 9 races on NASCAR HotPass starting with this week at Daytona. I know there have been a lot of Gordon fans here that have sent me private messages and such....great news for all of you. Obviously things are subject to change, but that's the schedule right now which is terrific.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Thanks Satelliteracer for the post. That is great and exciting news. Looking forward to tomorrow night, but I am looking more forward to next weekend when I will see the 24 team - live and in person!

#8 OFFLINE   twistedT

twistedT

Icon

• Registered
  • 778 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:29 PM

Its Hot Pass. I like it, but it could use alot of improvement in PQ. Next year its supposed to be in HD. The in car audio is the best, it goes thru comercials. You can check race positions and times by pushing a button. I think they could use a few shots like the Inhd feeds, that would be really sweet. Maybe better mics on the engine sound too. Not bad for the first year, I would say its worth it. Jr is almost always on, he is a regular. Sounds like Jeff Gordon will be on alot now. Tony and Jeff Burton are on alot too.

Edit: this is answering Jimbo (forgot to reply with Quote)

#9 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:04 PM

I don't have Hot Pass and while I'm a fan of Jeff's I don't care for Hot Pass at all :eek: I had heard that at first Jeff didn't want to be a part of Hot Pass, but he finally agreed. And won a race while on Hot Pass so he changed his mind :lol: I usually just watch the end of races, because I think watching a whole race is like watching paint dry--we all have our likes and dislikes :D :rolling:

#10 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:34 AM

I don't have Hot Pass and while I'm a fan of Jeff's I don't care for Hot Pass at all :eek: I had heard that at first Jeff didn't want to be a part of Hot Pass, but he finally agreed. And won a race while on Hot Pass so he changed his mind :lol: I usually just watch the end of races, because I think watching a whole race is like watching paint dry--we all have our likes and dislikes :D :rolling:

Dolly....check it out tonight....the product has improved quite a bit since the first race on February 18th.

#11 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:21 PM

Dolly....check it out tonight....the product has improved quite a bit since the first race on February 18th.

I just watched the end on TNT. The show 24 x 24 on Jeff Gordon was nice. But it was supposed to let you know Jeff as a person better, which would have been great :) But they left out the parts of his life that weren't so nice and it was like they were trying to make him some kind of a Saint :rolleyes: Plus that wife of his :eek2: They were walking down a hall in the Jeff Gordon's Children's Hospital and Jeff and his wife were holding hands. It almost looked like a mother holding a son's hand--she towers over him :raspberry

#12 OFFLINE   n17987

n17987

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:01 PM

With 12 top 5's and 16 Top 10's, we'll see Jeff fine on normal coverage. Besides, when HotPass jumped in on their private channel before, the 24 crew made sure that was it for interaction. Go buy Trackpass for 5 bucks a month and get crew chatter, all the data on all 43 drivers and just sync it with the tv.
Hotpass is just another excuse for an unprepared-no thought-presentation that only D* can stumble over, screw-up and charge an arm and a right tire (blown of course) for.

#13 OFFLINE   vollmey

vollmey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:42 PM

With 12 top 5's and 16 Top 10's, we'll see Jeff fine on normal coverage. Besides, when HotPass jumped in on their private channel before, the 24 crew made sure that was it for interaction. Go buy Trackpass for 5 bucks a month and get crew chatter, all the data on all 43 drivers and just sync it with the tv.
Hotpass is just another excuse for an unprepared-no thought-presentation that only D* can stumble over, screw-up and charge an arm and a right tire (blown of course) for.

Trackpass is horrible. Had it last year and was really dissapointed. I don't have Hotpass yet, I might get it this week. But from what I saw Hotpass is a much, much, much better value for what you get out of it. Of course it's not in HD yet, but that will be make it even better for next year.
Dave

#14 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:01 PM

When TrackPass works it's pretty good...when it works. :hurah:

#15 OFFLINE   n17987

n17987

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:35 AM

Yes, last year was pretty bad and also when they have a free weekend, but for this year, Trackpass has been pretty foolproof.

#16 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:01 AM

Yes, last year was pretty bad and also when they have a free weekend, but for this year, Trackpass has been pretty foolproof.

I'm glad it's working for you. Personally, I don't think the computer is ready for prime time for many of these things just yet. Whether it's the college basketball tournament or whatever...it's lightyears ahead of where it was, but still a long way to go. Too many variables like connection speed, graphics card, Mac or PC (Trackpass now works with Mac, but that wasn't always the case), etc.

Most people want to see video on their full television screen, turn on the tv and that's it...not have to worry about whether there's traffic congestion on a hub at Earthlink somewhere. Just my opinion. I'm a tech junkie and love all of those features, but when I want to watch something...I want to watch it on television.

#17 OFFLINE   Badger

Badger

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:42 PM

Hotpass is a joint effort in partnership with NASCAR. It will just keep getting better and then NASCAR will make this sort of interactive service an exclusive with their partner D* and trackpass etc. will go away! :hurah:

#18 OFFLINE   rkjg24

rkjg24

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:22 PM

Hate to bump...but LOTS of thanks to the powers that be for having the #24 on more. Glad I got it in the first place...for now.

Anyways, do you know if the audio issues are still being worked on or addressed? It's still lagged on Jeff's channel, and the other ones seem to be working fine.

#19 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 02:28 AM

Hate to bump...but LOTS of thanks to the powers that be for having the #24 on more. Glad I got it in the first place...for now.

Anyways, do you know if the audio issues are still being worked on or addressed? It's still lagged on Jeff's channel, and the other ones seem to be working fine.

After the spin in Corner 1 I think Jeff's channel is not the only thing that is lagging :( Did anyone hear him say anything on his radio when he lost that road race? I hated to see that so bad :crying: I just can't even image how Jeff felt about it :nono2:

#20 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

Due to a rain out I can't believe they showed that road race again :raspberry I couldn't stand to watch it again :crying: Poor Jeff :(

Protected By... spam firewall...And...