Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is this a weird bug or something?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rdowdy95

rdowdy95

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:39 PM

So anyways me and my son get home and I am wanting to turn on some Sprout. PBS Kids channel. Anyway I see it is recording something. I am like hmmm lets see here. It was recording In Her Shoes a movies with Cameron Diaz. My wife wanted to rec. that one. Anyways I try to turn the channel, and it says can't change cause it is recording. And it shows only that Diaz movie recording so I was like WTH. So I just couldn't figure it out. So anyways I popped in Cars on DVD so he could watch something.

So after the movie was done recording I did a red button reset. I just read now we are suppose to do the menu reset first option restart recorder. Anyways I didn't know about that haven't been to the boards in a while so I do a red button reset. It reboots and I record just a test of According to Jim and NCIS. They both recorded so I was like cool it is all good. Then I checked both tuners and they came up awesome signal as usual. Above 95 on all of the transponders. I am in a good location. Anyways though I look at my TO DO list and it is blank, and my prioritizer blank as well. I was like WTH again......
So after you do a red button reset does it wipe stuff from the to do list. I have had the unit since November 2006 and this is the first time I have seen this kind of issue? Other than that this unit has been flawless despite some minor bugs here and there....Or do you think it cleared the to do list bcause I did a red button reset.

I only had 4 shows in the Series link so it wasn't hard to enter them back in. I had Rescue Me, the 4400, Burn Notice, and Shaq's Big Challenge.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,860 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:06 AM

So anyways me and my son get home and I am wanting to turn on some Sprout. PBS Kids channel. Anyway I see it is recording something. I am like hmmm lets see here. It was recording In Her Shoes a movies with Cameron Diaz. My wife wanted to rec. that one. Anyways I try to turn the channel, and it says can't change cause it is recording. And it shows only that Diaz movie recording so I was like WTH. So I just couldn't figure it out. So anyways I popped in Cars on DVD so he could watch something.

So after the movie was done recording I did a red button reset. I just read now we are suppose to do the menu reset first option restart recorder. Anyways I didn't know about that haven't been to the boards in a while so I do a red button reset. It reboots and I record just a test of According to Jim and NCIS. They both recorded so I was like cool it is all good. Then I checked both tuners and they came up awesome signal as usual. Above 95 on all of the transponders. I am in a good location. Anyways though I look at my TO DO list and it is blank, and my prioritizer blank as well. I was like WTH again......
So after you do a red button reset does it wipe stuff from the to do list. I have had the unit since November 2006 and this is the first time I have seen this kind of issue? Other than that this unit has been flawless despite some minor bugs here and there....Or do you think it cleared the to do list bcause I did a red button reset.

I only had 4 shows in the Series link so it wasn't hard to enter them back in. I had Rescue Me, the 4400, Burn Notice, and Shaq's Big Challenge.

Your ToDo list will depopulate until the Guide fills back in...give it a couple days and then all should be well. A RBR or now the more preferable Menu Reset Recorder, will not destroy either your Prioritizer (Series Links) or your ToDo list. You just need to be patient as it repopulates.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#3 OFFLINE   rdowdy95

rdowdy95

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:07 AM

The thing is I had the Shaq Fat Kid show set to record, and it didn't have the "R" buy it in the guide data. It was only like 1 hour away. So I went ahead and added those items back to my list. I think it was some glitches, because I have had it repopulate faster before. But last night was the first it happened like that,

Protected By... spam firewall...And...