Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to delete a show with the DASH

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tivoboy

tivoboy

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:21 PM

So, in the tips and tricks, I see that one can delete a show from the list, by holding the DASH bottom left corner of the remote.

But, the problem that I have is, it doesn't respond well. I hit the button when on a show, and nothing happens. So, I press and hold it, and sometimes it deletes. Although, if I press and hold too long, it deletes about five shows. Literally, FIVE SHOWS ARE GONE!!

Is there a way to do this better, or does one just have to go in show by show to make deleting work, without killing everything off?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:27 PM

Hilight the show, hit dash twice, only twice.
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#3 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,212 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:32 PM

So, in the tips and tricks, I see that one can delete a show from the list, by holding the DASH bottom left corner of the remote.

But, the problem that I have is, it doesn't respond well. I hit the button when on a show, and nothing happens. So, I press and hold it, and sometimes it deletes. Although, if I press and hold too long, it deletes about five shows. Literally, FIVE SHOWS ARE GONE!!

Is there a way to do this better, or does one just have to go in show by show to make deleting work, without killing everything off?

Touch, don't hold, the DASH button and wait a few seconds. There seems to be a lag in deleting a show this way. If this is problematic, select the show, move the arrow buttons to delete, press select, and then confirm the deletion. I've never had a problem with this approach. Most of the time I delete a show immediately after viewing it. Most TV shows aren't worth sitting through a second time. :mad:

Bill

#4 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,825 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

Hilight the show, hit dash twice, only twice.

exactly
HR34-700, HR24-500, HR22-100, HR20-100, R22-100, R16

My Setup

Diagram of my Directv setup by Milkman

#5 OFFLINE   MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger

Icon

• Registered
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:02 PM

Do you have your remote set to RF or IR? If in RF, that could be the problem as many have had keybounce issues with RF.

HR24-100 Toshiba 55SV670U | HDMI to Denon AVR-1909| Native On | All Resolutions Selected | DD On | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| OTA setup | Harmony One
HR24-100 Philips 37PFL5322D/37 | HDMI to TV | Native on | All resolutions Selected | DD Off | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| OTA setup | Harmony 880
HR21-700 Sony KDL40V2500| HDMI to TV | Digital Optical Audio out to Yamaha HTR-5490| Native On | All Resolutions selected | DD On | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| Harmony 880

#6 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:03 PM

One other note of caution about using DASH-DASH in your playlist ... it works not only on individual program titles, but also on entire folders. So if you hit DASH twice on a folder name, you'll delete that folder...

#7 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,830 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:23 PM

One other note of caution about using DASH-DASH in your playlist ... it works not only on individual program titles, but also on entire folders. So if you hit DASH twice on a folder name, you'll delete that folder...

...and EVERY recording in that folder. BEWARE!

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#8 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:21 PM

You can also hit menu>mark and delete.. this maybe a "safer" way..

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

spam firewall