Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

It's time for DLB

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#76 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:24 AM

t-shirt for Rich .... :up_to_som

Attached Thumbnails

• Jul062007Fri011459PM9677front.jpg

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#77 OFFLINE   jheda

jheda

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:24 AM

+1 my man

So far all I've read is a few self-centered people saying that we should stop asking for DLB because they don't want it or don't use it. As others have said, I could say the same about VOD, CID, or even CC, but instead I welcome them because I might at some point be interested and there are a lot of people (even though possibly a minority of viewers) who do want them and who value them. Why pan a feature because it's not your favorite? Why try to ridicule or put down those who clearly have very good reasons for wanting DLB or any feature?

My personal reason for wanting DLB is simply convenience. DLB is probably the single most CONVENIENT feature on a DVR. I watch TV to relax, not to constantly setup recordings and worry about the details. The existing workaround is a royal pain in the butt in my opinion (and I'm a "workaholic" in all areans, not a lazy person). I simply want the convenience and ease of use that DLB provides.

So one more time (and with many more backlogged for when needed).

I WANT MY D - L - B !!

:joy: :dance01: :joy: :dance01: :joy:

And finally, thanks for starting up another DLB thread. D* please cave!!!

JHEDA

we miss you EARL

[SIZE="2"]Hr-24
Hr21-700 
Sony kds60a2000 yamaha 750 DD5.1 via components
Samsung DVD player via hdmi..r10 in playroom:)

#78 OFFLINE   jheda

jheda

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:29 AM

Having been around for an entire 10 days, i understand you havent reviewed the threads thoroughly. I personally ask Earl about every month or so if there is anything new and he kindly obliges...

And welcome btw!!!! consider spending $15 and joining, its well worth it!!!

Yes, and it's so freakin' annoying and sux so badly that I dropped the beta and went back to the last national release.

/BTW - 5/30 was a bit over a month ago. You guys are worse than kids wanting candy. Please, mommy.. pleeeease.

/oh yeah.. bump

JHEDA

we miss you EARL

[SIZE="2"]Hr-24
Hr21-700 
Sony kds60a2000 yamaha 750 DD5.1 via components
Samsung DVD player via hdmi..r10 in playroom:)

#79 OFFLINE   Que

Que

Icon

• Registered
  • 632 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:44 AM

So far all I've read is a few self-centered people saying that we should stop asking for DLB because they don't want it or don't use it. As others have said, I could say the same about VOD, CID, or even CC, but instead I welcome them because I might at some point be interested and there are a lot of people (even though possibly a minority of viewers) who do want them and who value them. Why pan a feature because it's not your favorite? Why try to ridicule or put down those who clearly have very good reasons for wanting DLB or any feature?

My personal reason for wanting DLB is simply convenience. DLB is probably the single most CONVENIENT feature on a DVR. I watch TV to relax, not to constantly setup recordings and worry about the details. The existing workaround is a royal pain in the butt in my opinion (and I'm a "workaholic" in all areans, not a lazy person). I simply want the convenience and ease of use that DLB provides.

So one more time (and with many more backlogged for when needed).

I WANT MY D - L - B !!

:joy: :dance01: :joy: :dance01: :joy:

And finally, thanks for starting up another DLB thread. D* please cave!!!

+1

I bet more people want DLB over VOD. I don't want/need VOD. When It comes I wish I opt out on it. Also wish I could opt out on the ads that download at 2am. No I don't want to watch a commercial on my DVR. I should hack it just to remove that ad line.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...