Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

hr20 remote suddenly not responding

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nxmehta

nxmehta

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:05 AM

My remote was working fine since installation a few days ago, until today when I was trying to try some new codes for my Vizio VX32L TV. I had a similar problem to others in the forum where the off button will not power down the Vizio TV. So I tried to use the 9-9-1 programming sequence to search for the correct code. After performing this sequence (maybe I messed something up?) my remote ceased to function in DTV mode. The remote still works for the TV, but does nothing in DTV mode. I have tried the 9-8-1 reset sequence, and after that I can program the TV again properly but entering 0-0-0-0-1 for the DTV code has no effect. Did I break something here? Or is there something I'm missing... It seems strange that the remote was working fine and now won't restore from a reset.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:34 AM

Try using the 00002 for the DTV, 00001 is misprint in the guide for HR20.

-Mark-
"There's no place like 127.0.0.1 or ::127.0.0.1 or 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 or ::1!"
Support the DBSTalk forum, become a member, Click Here!
For Networking Help, Click Here!
For my setup, Click Here!
3/98

#3 OFFLINE   nxmehta

nxmehta

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:03 AM

Tried 0-0-0-0-2 as well, didn't work.

#4 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:09 AM

The alternate code for the Hr20 is 00003. But if your receiver & remote was set to RF, the remote might have droped out of RF mode, and so do the following:

1. select directv device
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 6 1
4. press CH UP
5. enter the last 6 digits of the receiver ID #, found on a sticker in the access card compartment
6. press SELECT
aka Tivoburkee

#5 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:09 AM

My remote was working fine since installation a few days ago, until today when I was trying to try some new codes for my Vizio VX32L TV. I had a similar problem to others in the forum where the off button will not power down the Vizio TV. So I tried to use the 9-9-1 programming sequence to search for the correct code. After performing this sequence (maybe I messed something up?) my remote ceased to function in DTV mode. The remote still works for the TV, but does nothing in DTV mode. I have tried the 9-8-1 reset sequence, and after that I can program the TV again properly but entering 0-0-0-0-1 for the DTV code has no effect. Did I break something here? Or is there something I'm missing... It seems strange that the remote was working fine and now won't restore from a reset.

:welcome_s to DBStalk

Stupid question but where you go into to program the remote in the HR20 menu did you change the HR20 to AV1 by any chance or does it still say Directv in the program remote menu?

#6 OFFLINE   Smuuth

Smuuth

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

If you restore the factory defaults to the remote (mute and select together- light flash 2 times, then 981 - light flash 4 times), then with the slide switch at the top to the far left D* setting it should control your HR20 without having to put in any code.

After that try 10056 for your VX32L, it works for everything except TV input.
Eschew Obfuscation!

Patriot Guard Riders

#7 OFFLINE   nxmehta

nxmehta

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:43 PM

The alternate code for the Hr20 is 00003. But if your receiver & remote was set to RF, the remote might have droped out of RF mode, and so do the following:

1. select directv device
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 6 1
4. press CH UP
5. enter the last 6 digits of the receiver ID #, found on a sticker in the access card compartment
6. press SELECT

This solved it for me! Thanks so much! I did have it in RF before i reset the remote. I didn't see this particular keystroke in the remote manual- where did you find it? Or did I miss it?

#8 OFFLINE   crazyick

crazyick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:54 PM

If you restore the factory defaults to the remote (mute and select together- light flash 2 times, then 981 - light flash 4 times), then with the slide switch at the top to the far left D* setting it should control your HR20 without having to put in any code.

I was having basically the same problem with an h20 remote (worked fine for TV not so fine for h20). Used your advice and now all is well, thank you. :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...