Here's what we officially know ... will update this post as more information becomes available:
Real-time location of D10 (cool!): http://www.n2yo.com/?s=31862
6/7/07 - D* FCC Letter #1: http://svartifoss2.f...ent_key=-130667
- DIRECTV 10 is fully constructed and scheduled for launch early next month (July).
- DIRECTV desires to conduct IOT for approximately four weeks before moving the satellite slightly to its licensed position to begin commercial operations.
- Specifically, DIRECTV contemplates the following schedule [with approximate dates indicated in brackets] ...
- After launch and orbit raising maneuvers, DIRECTV 10 will be located at 102.6° W.L. [on or about August 17, 2007].
- After DIRECTV 10 reaches 102.6° W.L., DIRECTV will then commence IOT of the satellite [from about August 17, 2007 to September 12, 2007].
- After IOT is completed, DIRECTV 10 will then be drifted to its assigned location over the course of approximately three days [reaching that orbital position on or about September 15, 2007]
7/7/07 - Official Launch Press Release from Boeing: http://www.boeing.co...070707d_nr.html
7/23/07 - D* FCC Grant of Authority: http://hraunfoss.fcc...A-07-3445A1.txt
- Accordingly, DIRECTV IS AUTHORIZED, for thirty days commencing August 10
8/16/07 - D* FCC Letter #2: http://svartifoss2.f...ent_key=-134304
- However, DIRECTV is ahead of this schedule and will be ready to commence moving DIRECTV 10 to 102.775 W.L. on or about September 1.
- References www.directv.com/hdcheck for more information
- Need 5-LNB Dish, HD Receiver (H20/HR20), and B-Band Converter Module (BBC) (or Single Wire Multiswitch- SWM)
- Accordingly, DIRECTV IS AUTHORIZED, for a period of 60 days commencing on September 1, 2007
- to relocate the DIRECTV 10 satellite to 102.775º W.L. orbital location