Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DLB - NFL Fans The Time is NOW!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Que

Que

Icon

• Registered
  • 632 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:36 PM

I don't have Sunday Ticket and don't care about DLB.
Why did I click to read this? :grin:

FIXED! :D

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Que

Que

Icon

• Registered
  • 632 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:39 PM

I think it would be better to snail mail them.

Office of the President
I WANT DLB
DIRECTV, Inc.
P.O. Box 6550
Greenwood Village, CO 80155-6550

DVRs that have DLB

COX and Comcast has it with the Moto Box
Vip622 from Dish Network has DLB
S3 from TIVO Has DLB

#23 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:04 PM

I am fairly new here and the knowledge I gain is of benefit to me and my customers. But in my opinion if he wanted DLB he could always search Ebay or Weaknees and get a HR10-250. Let's be honest have they ever said, in any release that the HR20 would have DLB or was even capable of it? Quit beating the dead dog and bury it. Make it one sticky, so that we do not have to keep scrolling through these anymore to get to the real information.

Not if you want MPEG4 channels. I'll state what I've stated before, DLB's are a standard feature on almost every other provider's dual tuner DVR's. That includes Dish, the R10's, the HR10's and the Cable Moto boxes.

With that said, I don't disagree with your statement that there should be one sticky and not multiple threads unless they have a legitimate unique point.

#24 OFFLINE   DblD_Indy

DblD_Indy

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:05 PM

I think I will, I just doubt it get "est" 300 origional views in less then twelve hours at D-Corp.

My guess is it would be round filed within the hour. To be honest I am thrilled that the Mods round here have let this live! Bless you.
DblD_Indy "Save DLB, Save the World"

DirecTV Ka/Ku 5 LNB Satellite Dish
Zinwell WB68
AR HDMI 12' Model AP086
DVR2 / R10 / HR20-700
Hitachi 65F59 Software Version # Main V0001.3000
Toys
Xbox 360 / Wii
Creative Zen Vision:M
T-Mobile G1

:nono2: "Without TV, it is hard to know when one day ends and another begins". - Homer J.

#25 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:48 PM

We let the thread live cuz it is a valid topic. Sure it pushes the boundary, but only a tiny bit and not breaking it.

Now, the thread might get merged at some point or closed at some point. But very unlikely to get deleted.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#26 OFFLINE   HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:50 PM

If D* was going to have DLB on the HR20 I think they would have given some indication of it.

Someone mentioned that a mod "may possibly" work for D*. I really don't think he does. He says he doesn't and I have no reason to doubt the man. Frankly, even he does. Who cares. Someone has to be the conduit for info. This stuff just doesn't come out of thin air. Someone has to be the messenger. And being that messenger would not be an easy task and I think he does an outstanding job of seperating himself.

Also, I don't think this type of thread or "walk out" will tempt D* to old the CE hostage or hold it over our heads. The benefit for both parties is far to great.

I have no way of knowing, but i would be surprised if there next receiver doesn't have DLB.

Just my .02

BTW....12 year NFT-ST sub here....No way in hell I'm giving it up for any feature.
DBSTalk Chat Room Mod (I reserve the right to be wrong.)

AT9 to SWM16
LR: HR24-100 to Panasonic 50" w/ Sony HTIB/FR: HR20-700 to Samsung LN55B640
Office: HR34-700 to Panasonic 50" w/ HD-A2
Office: H21-200 to 36" SD TV/BR: HR21-200 to Samsung 32" LCD
My full setup in Visio: http://www.dbstalk.c...8&postcount=105

#27 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

To my knowledge no DBSTalk.com moderator works for DIRECTV or Dish network. We tend to discourage that kind of conflict of interest.

Of course, there are registered users who are DIRECTV employees--they have to monitor the threads somehow. :)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#28 OFFLINE   DblD_Indy

DblD_Indy

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:22 PM

To my knowledge no DBSTalk.com moderator works for DIRECTV or Dish network. We tend to discourage that kind of conflict of interest.

Of course, there are registered users who are DIRECTV employees--they have to monitor the threads somehow. :)

Cheers,
Tom

Wow! Glad to hear it. I have always been happy with the forum as long as writers play by the rules..."Our basic rules are simple: No sex, politics, or religion; be polite to other members which means don't spam and don't insult" you do a Great job of letting both sides be heard.

Peace - DBLD
DblD_Indy "Save DLB, Save the World"

DirecTV Ka/Ku 5 LNB Satellite Dish
Zinwell WB68
AR HDMI 12' Model AP086
DVR2 / R10 / HR20-700
Hitachi 65F59 Software Version # Main V0001.3000
Toys
Xbox 360 / Wii
Creative Zen Vision:M
T-Mobile G1

:nono2: "Without TV, it is hard to know when one day ends and another begins". - Homer J.

#29 OFFLINE   reggie

reggie

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

I've been watching the DLB issue and finally joined to respond to this.

I've had ST for 7 years and a DirecTivo for 3. With the price of ST going up and the number of games going down, I've been on the fence on whether to cancel or renew. I plan to upgrade to HD before the start of the season, but without DLB I will probably cancel ST. I find it hard to justify pay the extra $99 for HD and then be unable to watch games the way I am used to.

I was originally dissappointed when moving to the DirectTivo box because it did not have the 5-channel jump like my Sony DTV receiver had. But I found DLB much better. I really don't want to go back to pre-DLB viewing habits.

#30 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:48 AM

Perhaps we need a poll, "Which would you rather have, DLB or NFLST?" because that's the choice one must make, change providers and you can get DLB!

I am a ST subscriber and just don't get the DLB issue. I got ST to watch MY TEAM, good or bad, every game. I just wanna see MY TEAM and really have no interest in any other game while my team is playing.

Equipment includes a buncha stuff that I no longer have interest in detailing

#31 OFFLINE   jheda

jheda

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:30 AM

You answer your own question. you only watch your team. One channel. Others, like myself, love to watch our team, and then between innings flip to a compettitors game; pause and flip back to our game ets; or between football and hockey, etc...last year flipping between a red sox game and a yankee game was just incredible viewing...

So u see, its just different strokes fo different.... there is a reason the new poll shows dead even the interest for vod and dlb...they both are great features peaking different peoples interest...

We all held hands for months to stabilize the unit knowing its great potential... we are so close...D*, as nike said, just do it!!! Please? Or tell us dedicated subs why u cant?

Perhaps we need a poll, "Which would you rather have, DLB or NFLST?" because that's the choice one must make, change providers and you can get DLB!

I am a ST subscriber and just don't get the DLB issue. I got ST to watch MY TEAM, good or bad, every game. I just wanna see MY TEAM and really have no interest in any other game while my team is playing.

JHEDA

we miss you EARL

[SIZE="2"]Hr-24
Hr21-700 
Sony kds60a2000 yamaha 750 DD5.1 via components
Samsung DVD player via hdmi..r10 in playroom:)

#32 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:33 AM

All DLB Conversation is to continue in this thread:
http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=62118
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...