Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Remote, Harmon Kardon and Volume/Mute

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fjwagner

fjwagner

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:28 PM

Just moved the HR10 to the bedroom and put a new HR20 in the den. I have been messing with the remote for the last hour and searching this forum to no avail.

My perception is that once I set the remote codes for the Harmon Kardon, the volume control on the remote should operate the HK in DTV mode. It does not in DTV mode but does work when I slide the switch to AV1. My Tivo remote controlled the HK directly and I am looking for similar operation from my HR20 remote. My hope is that I do not have to slide that little switch every time I want to change the volume on the Harmon Kardon.

Thanks and I hope to enjoy this forum as much as the Tivo Community. Fred

#2 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:45 PM

Just moved the HR10 to the bedroom and put a new HR20 in the den. I have been messing with the remote for the last hour and searching this forum to no avail.

My perception is that once I set the remote codes for the Harmon Kardon, the volume control on the remote should operate the HK in DTV mode. It does not in DTV mode but does work when I slide the switch to AV1. My Tivo remote controlled the HK directly and I am looking for similar operation from my HR20 remote. My hope is that I do not have to slide that little switch every time I want to change the volume on the Harmon Kardon.

Thanks and I hope to enjoy this forum as much as the Tivo Community. Fred

To punch-through the HK volume to all devices: First there HAS to be a TV code programmed to the TV device or the volume keys won't work: then:

1. av1
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT
aka Tivoburkee

#3 OFFLINE   fjwagner

fjwagner

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

To punch-through the HK volume to all devices: First there HAS to be a TV code programmed to the TV device or the volume keys won't work: then:

1. av1
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

I believe that is what I did. I set up the remote to control the tv (power and volume). I guess that is what you mean by "punch through"? The four steps you outlined are what I subsequently did. I must not be interpreting your first statement correctly.

#4 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:09 PM

What you probably did was the following:

1. av1
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOL UP

The above gave you the HK volume in the AV1 device only. Below is what sends the HK to ALL other devices( punching through):

1. av1
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

Yes they look alike, but they're not, and do different things.
aka Tivoburkee

#5 OFFLINE   fjwagner

fjwagner

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:46 PM

you are the man. Pressing "Select" instead of "Volume" did the trick. I read that in your first post, but did not absorb as was thinking Volume. Thanks alot! Now to get used to the HR20 after the Tivo OS. Fred

spam firewall