Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Only choice on menu is Signal Strength

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kevin L

Kevin L

AllStar

• DBSTalk Club
  • 91 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Florida

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:26 AM

DirecTV installed some HR20s last week at my old address. I'm now temporarily staying in a new address while they finish building my house. I brought the HR20s and HR10s with me and bought a new AU9 Slimline. In this temporary location I'm only going to hook up one HR20 and one HR10 until the house is done so I don't need a multiswitch at this time.

Here's the problem: On the HR20, the only choice I get on the menu is Signal Strength. I can't get to setup to find the coordinates for my new zip code, 33981. Since I never used the HR20 at the old address except when they activated them, I don't know how to get more choices. Can anyone tell me how to get to the setup menu or give me the aiming coordinates for 33981?

Thanks,

Kevin

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:41 AM

DirecTV installed some HR20s last week at my old address. I'm now temporarily staying in a new address while they finish building my house. I brought the HR20s and HR10s with me and bought a new AU9 Slimline. In this temporary location I'm only going to hook up one HR20 and one HR10 until the house is done so I don't need a multiswitch at this time.

Here's the problem: On the HR20, the only choice I get on the menu is Signal Strength. I can't get to setup to find the coordinates for my new zip code, 33981. Since I never used the HR20 at the old address except when they activated them, I don't know how to get more choices. Can anyone tell me how to get to the setup menu or give me the aiming coordinates for 33981?

Thanks,

Kevin

I am not sure why you cannot get into the setup menu. You may want to reset the receiver to see if the helps.

But for now go to the link below and it will give you your coordinates. It is from DIRECTV's website.

http://www.directv.c...equestid=271345

#3 OFFLINE   Kevin L

Kevin L

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:44 AM

Hi, Mike.

Thanks for the link. I checked that, but that's only gives the settings for the round dish. I was looking for the settings for the AU9 5-LNB.

Thanks,

Kevin

#4 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:07 AM

Hi, Mike.

Thanks for the link. I checked that, but that's only gives the settings for the round dish. I was looking for the settings for the AU9 5-LNB.

Thanks,

Kevin

For 33981 you have
Tilt 57
Elevation 52
Azimuth 222
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#5 OFFLINE   Kevin L

Kevin L

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:37 PM

Thanks, Robert, that's what I needed. Now that it picks up a sat, the other menu choices are there.

I've gotten 95-100 on four of the sats, but 99 is low. Anyone know the setting to change if 99 is the only one that needs adjustment.

Thanks,

Kevin

#6 OFFLINE   TriggerDeems

TriggerDeems

Godfather

• Registered
  • 344 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:44 PM

I've gotten 95-100 on four of the sats, but 99 is low. Anyone know the setting to change if 99 is the only one that needs adjustment.

Thanks,

Kevin

Two things:
1. You might not have any 99 spotbeams in your area, explaining the "problem" (which obviously doesn't exist)

2. Follow the instructions in video #3 on this link (not exactly for a slimline, but close:
http://www.solidsign...tall_videos.asp
Trigger

#7 OFFLINE   Kevin L

Kevin L

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:38 PM

Thanks, Trigger. I think the problem is #1, there aren't any spot beams in my area. Everything else is fine.

Thanks,

Kevin

Protected By... spam firewall...And...