Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pick only one DLB, MediaShare or VOD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick only one DLB, MediaShare or VOD (190 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick only one DLB, MediaShare or VOD

1. MediaShare (17 votes [8.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.95%

2. DLB (93 votes [48.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.95%

3. VOD (80 votes [42.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

Vote

#61 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:30 AM

And what is your opinion on a DLB stickie?

Well, I never made my opinion on the DLB Sticky..

My opinion, just as it was when QUE asked with the original (and still the current)... Do you want DLB thread...

That is why I allow that particular thread to be bumped, time and time again.

I will make that particular thread, a sticky (Que's)... and all conversation can continue in that thread... All other DLB threads, will be refered back to that particular thread.

If that is the course that is wanted... we can make that happen, as I don't want the Q&A section to become a: "I want this X,Y,Z feature", "It's Time...", "I demand", "Let's boycott"... every other post (which I feel is what has happened the last week)

As for DLB:

DLB is not a feature of a system.
DirecTV 100% understands that there is a population of users that want DLB.

As I have said... time and time again.
DLB is on the list of requested items, however it is not in active development.

I don't know how many times I have to spell that out.

They KNOW there is a population that wants DLB, however at this time, they have decided to work on other features of the system.

DLB has not been officially, once and for all, eliminated from the possible future feature list.

As for why... I have asked, and as expected... didn't get any "official" statement, other then what I just typed above (it is on the list, but is not being worked on). I can ask a 1,000 times... and I know I am going to get the same answer, as that is in fact THE ANSWER

There is nothing else to give.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:31 AM

The thread has been stuck.

All DLB Conversation is to continue in this thread:
http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=62118
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...