Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ex Innings sub and 730 game is PPV ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fo71

fo71

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:33 PM

Hi there.. I´m an extra innings and superfan subscriber, I watch games on channel 730 all the time.. we´ll, except today !!! The Red Sox / Tigers game shows as if it was a PPV event, it says I need to purchase it for $4.99... what the hell is going on ??????????

Anyone know ???? Thanks !!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:47 PM

I have no idea, 730 worked fine for me today -- except that I wanted Boston to win.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#3 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,754 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:51 PM

What time did you try and watch it?? Its possible you tried to access it AFTER the end of the game. As it worked for me today cept for the Sox losing and the damn Yankees winning.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#4 OFFLINE   gregchak

gregchak

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:16 PM

Same here on the frustrating outcome of today's game. I had a similar thing happen to me last weekend that speaks to what DCSholtis ^ said above. I was watching the game and then changed the channel. When I changed it back I got what looked like the last frame shown from the feed frozen with a prompt to order the PPV at $4.99. I was a bit annoyed because the frame that was frozen was an ad and I didn't know the game had ended. I switched over to 207 and the ticker said it was over. Much better outcome then, the Sox won. This was on my HR20. I now know why this happened now, but the on screen prompt that was given to me was incorrect.

#5 OFFLINE   fo71

fo71

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

Yep.... the game had just barely ended when this happened. I wonder of DTV does this on purpose..... there´s always some time between he actual end of the game and the end of the feed allowed time as we all know it is not a timed sport. Why would DTV do this? To see if anyone "bites the dust" and gives them 5 bucks for nothing?.....???

#6 OFFLINE   Dan Serafini

Dan Serafini

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:33 PM

Yep.... the game had just barely ended when this happened. I wonder of DTV does this on purpose..... there´s always some time between he actual end of the game and the end of the feed allowed time as we all know it is not a timed sport. Why would DTV do this? To see if anyone "bites the dust" and gives them 5 bucks for nothing?.....???

I think it is because 730 shares space with PPV channels, so once the MLB game ends, it goes into PPV mode.

Hopefully, once the new bird comes on line, we can see many more MLB games in HD.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...