Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Undelete/"keep until disk full" malfunction
Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:05 PM
1) Does anyone know how to undelete or "play" from deleted items in history? Apparently it is possible now and then (even the supervisor at directv was able to do it for one recording) or any workarounds?
2) Has this happened to anyone? And if so maybe do you know a way to keep it from happening?: The other night i got my DVR down to 50% full to make room for 15 hours of HD recording of the Live Earth concert (in chunks, some manual, some regular, all normal default "keep until disk full"). It recorded fine during day, saw light was on. Today I turn it on and none of it is there and I am only 31% full now. According to the History, everything (including the new Live Earth stuff, including the very last chunk) was deleted "to make room for new recordings" - but there were no new recordings! It also deleted everything I recorded over the last 5 months that was not set to "keep until i delete"! That is why I have MORE space available. it is recording again today just fine. I have no idea what happened and neither does directv. I'm so bummed.
Anyone have any insight or tricks? Most importantly I'd like the answer to #1 to try to save some of the lost programs. But insight to keep this from happening again would be helpful too. Thanks!
||...Ads Help To Support This Site...||
Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:46 PM
I have not heard of, or seen any information on here or the DTV site that indicates there is an undelete function. Worse, any chance of recovery would probably be gone after you start recording new stuff.
Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:47 PM
As Ken S said above you cannot undelete a show.