Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Comcast Sports Northwest

• Please log in to reply
924 replies to this topic

#861 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:48 PM

I'm still surprised they haven't "traded/offered" CSN-NW for Root-NW, and CSN-Phily for Root-Pittsburgh.

maybe but comcast then come back and pull most of the other CSN channels + NBC channels + comcast cable channels.

CSN Chicago may be one of few safe ones as it's 80% team owned.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#862 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,002 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

I'm still surprised they haven't "traded/offered" CSN-NW for Root-NW, and CSN-Phily for Root-Pittsburgh.

If you followed the dispute from a couple years ago, you'd know that what you suggest wasn't possible. There were eight networks involved in total - FSN Pitt, FSN RM, FSN NW, CSN NW, CSN CA, CSN BA, CSN Chi, and Versus (which was yanked for ~6 months). Note that CSN Philly is not on the list, because that one was locked away and untouchable. Also note that there are five Comcast-owned channels on the list, with only three owned by DirecTV. If they did one-to-one swaps, they'd lose out on two of the Comcast channels.

Ultimately, DirecTV ended up having to concede CSN NW in order to reach agreements for the other networks and restore Versus.

#863 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:00 AM

It's just sad that this is the third year for Portland fans (in Portland) that they will be unable to watch Blazer games at home, unless they have Comcast.

Does anyone know where I would find link showing the total number of subscribers to Dish/DirecTV/Comcast/OTA/Other. I believe that over half of Portland doesn't subscribe to Comcast locally.

With the lock out shortened season, lots of player movement, and retirements, this season has the potential to be exciting and anyone can win it. Except the Hornets.

#864 OFFLINE   B.Parent1974

B.Parent1974

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

It's just sad that this is the third year for Portland fans (in Portland) that they will be unable to watch Blazer games at home, unless they have Comcast.

Does anyone know where I would find link showing the total number of subscribers to Dish/DirecTV/Comcast/OTA/Other. I believe that over half of Portland doesn't subscribe to Comcast locally.

With the lock out shortened season, lots of player movement, and retirements, this season has the potential to be exciting and anyone can win it. Except the Hornets.

Philly has been this way for the Flyers forever

#865 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:57 AM

We're never going to get this channel. Some day Comcast is going to divest itself of the wire side of it's business and then and maybe then will it happen.

#866 OFFLINE   pbg

pbg

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

not to make matters worse, but I think it's the 4th year-
TOTAL CHOICE Plus - HR22-100 , HR23-700
Sunday Ticket - Super Fan | MLB Extra Innings | NHL Center Ice | NBA League Pass

#867 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

not to make matters worse, but I think it's the 4th year-

It is getting old, fast.

#868 OFFLINE   BigSey

BigSey

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

Man, that sucks for you guys in Portland. Of course, you do still have a team so that's something...

HR20-700
H20-100

#869 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

We're never going to get this channel. Some day Comcast is going to divest itself of the wire side of it's business and then and maybe then will it happen.

If the Blazers could find a way to switch to ROOT Sports, there won't be a need for this channel (I think).

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#870 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:34 AM

If the Blazers could find a way to switch to ROOT Sports, there won't be a need for this channel (I think).

Root had a chance to bid and they lost out to Comcast for 10 years....Blazers sold the fans out. Not going to Root.

#871 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

Root had a chance to bid and they lost out to Comcast for 10 years....Blazers sold the fans out. Not going to Root.

pretty much sums up the whole thing.

The Blazers took the money. Screwed the fans.

#872 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,738 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

pretty much sums up the whole thing.

The Blazers took the money. Screwed the fans.

I'm sure (hoping) the Blazers took the money only after being assured by C* that they would come to an agreement with all providers, including satellite.

#873 OFFLINE   tuckerdog

tuckerdog

Legend

• Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

Blazers announced thy will stream their games over the internet for $2.99 per game or around $70 for the season

Kicker is that if you are in an area where you can receive Comcast Sports NW you are not eligible. Blazer announcer fawning over Larry Miller, the Blazer's president saying how they are only one of 3 teams streaming games.

Of course other teams do not need to do this since they have not screwed their fans like the Blazers on TV availability

Only makes me angrier when they insult my intelligence
Michael

#874 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:46 AM

I remember when I lived in Beaverton that the ONLY way to watch the Blazers was PPV. Of course, now you have nothing.

Welcome to my world in Philly. It's been this way here since 1997!

#875 OFFLINE   tuckerdog

tuckerdog

Legend

• Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

I feel your pain

#876 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

Comcast CEO Brian Roberts pulled down $31M last year. If he opened up his channels to others he'd lose subscribers and thus a pay cut. Folks like Brian Roberts are what is wrong with our society today. Profit and compensation are fine. When it goes to ridiculous levels and the common man takes it upside down, then well, its a problem. It's GREED pure and simple. Frankly, had he not been on the coat-tails of his father he'd probably be pumping gas right now. But he is WHO he is because of GREED and his father.

#877 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,738 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

Interesting, we had an HD feed of CSN-NW tonight for NBALP. Does the NBA require HD feeds for their NBALP package?

#878 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

Interesting, we had an HD feed of CSN-NW tonight for NBALP. Does the NBA require HD feeds for their NBALP package?

I think so. But on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Toronto Raptors at Chicago Bulls NO HD in NBA LP but it is on WGN America HD (why no remap? useing wgn 9 feed?). in demand has TSN 2 SD feed for that game.

Edited by JoeTheDragon, 09 January 2012 - 08:45 AM.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#879 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

I think so. But on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Toronto Raptors at Chicago Bulls NO HD in NBA LP but it is on WGN America HD (why no remap? useing wgn 9 feed?). in demand has TSN 2 SD feed for that game.

I haven't seen a remap of WGN America HD to the sports package channel range.

#880 OFFLINE   FlyinV

FlyinV

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Ya so how are those negotiations to get this on the system going?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...