Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Comcast Sports Northwest

• Please log in to reply
924 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   desulliv

desulliv

AllStar

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:08 PM

+1
Without the Sonics, a lot of us will probably become Blazer fans.

I now live in Portland, but that ain't gonna happen for me. I'll sooner dump the NBA.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#102 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 851 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:43 PM

I hope most of the Duck games aren't on CSNNW this year. Last year they were on CW32 in Portland but I dunno about this year. If they show all the local Duck games on CSNNW, then I agree the Ducks are going to go elsewhere in the Porland area since they will be getting about half of the viewers they would otherwise get if their games were available to everybody in Northern Oregon. This whole thing is an absolute nightmare that we will never wake up from. I think we have to face the fact that this channel will never be on satellite.

#103 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 20,388 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:42 AM

OSN would appear to be going with Comcast Portland (as opposed to CSNNW) in the Portland DMA.

#104 OFFLINE   Dusty

Dusty

Icon

• Registered
  • 714 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:40 AM

I saw this thread. I clicked on it with plenty of anxiety, and the new posts have nothing to do with whether we will get it on D*.

I am so fixated on the new Blazers that I am thinking about suspend my D* account and deal with the devils during the NBA season.

#105 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 851 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:25 AM

That's what Comcast wants, they knew that satellite companies wouldn't agree to $2 per subscriber. So Comcast now has exclusivity on the Blazers and Ducks it seems, so everybody outside of Portland is SOL and has to drive to the sports bar to see either the Blazers or the OSN Duck games.

#106 OFFLINE   jefbal99

jefbal99

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:40 AM

Comcast tried to start up a sportsnet in Detroit with eyes on one of the major pro teams to take it from a local sports channel to an RSN. Thank god FSN Detroit stepped up and locked in the rights for awhile and the Comcast Local channel went under.

I feel for all the non-Comcast folks in the Pacific Northwest, it sucks royally. D* and E* have the arbitration option still.
Receiving Equipment: AU9 Slimline w/Zinwell WB68 & SWM 8 | Winegard MS-2000 w/PS-1503 Power Injector
Living Room: HR22-100 w/AM-21 | Samsung HL-S4266W (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV | Pioneer HTS-GS1 5.1 | Yamaha DV-S6160 (Component/Digital Coaxial)
Bedroom: H21-200 w/AM-21 | Westinghouse LVM-42w2 (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV
Home Theatre: HR20-100 | Sanyo PLV-Z60 (Component/Optical) | Flexio 16:9 100" Screen | Ethernet MRV |Yamaha YHT-690 | XBox 360 (Component) | Harmony 880

#107 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,894 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:08 AM

That's what Comcast wants, they knew that satellite companies wouldn't agree to $2 per subscriber. So Comcast now has exclusivity on the Blazers and Ducks it seems, so everybody outside of Portland is SOL and has to drive to the sports bar to see either the Blazers or the OSN Duck games.

I'm surprised we are getting the other CSN's then, unless of course those contracts carried over from the old FSN's. It'll be interesting to see what happens when those contracts expire.

Anyone know if FSN's are offered on Comcast systems? I know they have FSN-AZ on Comcast in Tucson.

#108 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,270 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:17 AM

I'm surprised we are getting the other CSN's then, unless of course those contracts carried over from the old FSN's. It'll be interesting to see what happens when those contracts expire.

Anyone know if FSN's are offered on Comcast systems? I know they have FSN-AZ on Comcast in Tucson.

FSN Northwest is carried in the Seattle area (SD only, as far as I know).

#109 OFFLINE   Dusty

Dusty

Icon

• Registered
  • 714 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:47 AM

That doesn't work for me. Nearest Sports Bar to my house also uses DirecTV.

#110 OFFLINE   Dusty

Dusty

Icon

• Registered
  • 714 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:50 AM

Comcast tried to start up a sportsnet in Detroit with eyes on one of the major pro teams to take it from a local sports channel to an RSN. Thank god FSN Detroit stepped up and locked in the rights for awhile and the Comcast Local channel went under.

I feel for all the non-Comcast folks in the Pacific Northwest, it sucks royally. D* and E* have the arbitration option still.

I don't think the situation here has a chance in arbitration. Verizon made a deal with Comcast last year. That kind of proves that Comcast's offer is not totally unreasonable.

#111 OFFLINE   Dusty

Dusty

Icon

• Registered
  • 714 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:53 AM

FSN Northwest is carried in the Seattle area (SD only, as far as I know).

FSN Northwest is carried in Portland area as well. But Mariners suck and there is Sonics no more. We won't even see the Sonic cheerleader show. I don't know. Life is tough for a sports fan here.

#112 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:34 AM

I don't think the situation here has a chance in arbitration. Verizon made a deal with Comcast last year. That kind of proves that Comcast's offer is not totally unreasonable.

Exactly, so the satellite companies won't ever agree to the 2 bucks and Verizon already did...we are screwed. Seems as though I'll be listening to over half of the Duck games on the radio this year...bush league. Even worse is the fact that someone ANYWHERE ELSE in the country can follow the Ducks if they want, as all of their OSN games will be on Gameplan. But we can't get their games on Gameplan because we are in the broadcast area (even someone like me who couldn't get Comcast if I wanted to).

#113 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,894 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:51 AM

Exactly, so the satellite companies won't ever agree to the 2 bucks and Verizon already did...we are screwed. Seems as though I'll be listening to over half of the Duck games on the radio this year...bush league. Even worse is the fact that someone ANYWHERE ELSE in the country can follow the Ducks if they want, as all of their OSN games will be on Gameplan. But we can't get their games on Gameplan because we are in the broadcast area (even someone like me who couldn't get Comcast if I wanted to).

I'm just curious, if there was a way to get CSNNW on D* for say an extra $2 to $5 a month, would you subscribe to it?

#114 OFFLINE   donm

donm

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:56 AM

I'm just curious, if there was a way to get CSNNW on D* for say an extra $2 to $5 a month, would you subscribe to it?

Yes, I would pay an extra $2-$5 just for Comcast Sportsnet Northwest. I'm sure I'm in the minority but most of the Blazers and Ducks games are only being shown on Comcast which makes it worth it for me. I really like Directv and now with getting Koin in HD this is the only channel that I want. I would even switch to Dish if they got ths channel and Directv didn't.

#115 OFFLINE   pbg

pbg

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:09 AM

It’s an interesting question, I’d probably do it, but only if everyone had to. Meaning currently I’m paying the same amount per month as the SUB that may be receiving multiple RSN’s. It could be looked at as those who don’t have an RSN are subsidizing those that do. I’d only be interested in paying for my RSN ‘ala cart’ if everyone had to.

#116 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,894 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:39 PM

Yes, I would pay an extra $2-$5 just for Comcast Sportsnet Northwest. I'm sure I'm in the minority but most of the Blazers and Ducks games are only being shown on Comcast which makes it worth it for me. I really like Directv and now with getting Koin in HD this is the only channel that I want. I would even switch to Dish if they got ths channel and Directv didn't.

The Ducks are going to CSN-NW? The Ducks are in LA, not the northwest. Unless you mean CSN-West, which we already get.

#117 OFFLINE   jefbal99

jefbal99

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

The Ducks are going to CSN-NW? The Ducks are in LA, not the northwest. Unless you mean CSN-West, which we already get.

The Oregon Ducks, not the Anaheim Ducks
Receiving Equipment: AU9 Slimline w/Zinwell WB68 & SWM 8 | Winegard MS-2000 w/PS-1503 Power Injector
Living Room: HR22-100 w/AM-21 | Samsung HL-S4266W (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV | Pioneer HTS-GS1 5.1 | Yamaha DV-S6160 (Component/Digital Coaxial)
Home Theatre: HR20-100 | Sanyo PLV-Z60 (Component/Optical) | Flexio 16:9 100" Screen | Ethernet MRV |Yamaha YHT-690 | XBox 360 (Component) | Harmony 880

#118 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,894 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:49 PM

The Oregon Ducks, not the Anaheim Ducks

DOH! OH geez do I feel stupid now. :grin:

#119 OFFLINE   jefbal99

jefbal99

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:20 PM

DOH! OH geez do I feel stupid now. :grin:

Send me a beer and i won't tell anyone about your mistake

(no busch, natty, miller or coors...something above swill)

#120 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:51 PM

I would pay 2-5 bucks in a heartbeat for the channel. I just want to see the OSN games. As good as the radio broadcasts are, I have never had to endure half of the season on the radio before. This will test the fanhood of a lot of Ducks and the OSN viewership is going to be cut in half from previous seasons.

#121 OFFLINE   ajc68

ajc68

Icon

• Registered
  • 667 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

I would pay 2-5 bucks in a heartbeat for the channel. I just want to see the OSN games. As good as the radio broadcasts are, I have never had to endure half of the season on the radio before. This will test the fanhood of a lot of Ducks and the OSN viewership is going to be cut in half from previous seasons.

It's too bad the Ducks got roped into this same bad deal as the Blazers. I'm sure they were sold a bill of goods, but were never promised anything in writing. I just hope they didn't sign a 10-year deal like the Blazers did. At least KOIN is finally in HD, so there’s always hope…

#122 OFFLINE   Dusty

Dusty

Icon

• Registered
  • 714 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

Everytime I see there is a new post on this thread, I click with great anxiety. Everytime I am disappointed.

I am willing to pay that $2 myself.

Hopefully, Blazers are doing so good early in the season that they are carried on national TV more often.

#123 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 851 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:11 PM

Hopefully the Blazers and Ducks are both among the elite teams in the nation this year. People in Oregon are going to be furious.

#124 OFFLINE   FlyinV

FlyinV

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:36 PM

Ah crap this channel still isn't here

#125 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 20,388 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:09 PM

Ah crap this channel still isn't here

If you look at the listings for CSN NW, the only live sports they feature right now is roller derby. The rest is movies, a few fishing shows and video coverage of a local radio show.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...