Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TV input on Sharp Aquos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   burnside

burnside

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:48 PM

Hi,

I just got a Sharp Aquos from Costco and wanted to see if there was a way to get the HR20 remote to change inputs on the tv. Has anyone been successful?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger

Icon

• Registered
  • 598 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:22 AM

You should look at getting a Harmony remote. I have an 880 and it works great. The D* remote stays in the drawer.:D

HR24-100 Toshiba 55SV670U | HDMI to Denon AVR-1909| Native On | All Resolutions Selected | DD On | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| OTA setup | Harmony One
HR24-100 Philips 37PFL5322D/37 | HDMI to TV | Native on | All resolutions Selected | DD Off | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| OTA setup | Harmony 880
HR21-700 Sony KDL40V2500| HDMI to TV | Digital Optical Audio out to Yamaha HTR-5490| Native On | All Resolutions selected | DD On | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| Harmony 880

#3 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:56 AM

The HR20 changes the input on my Sony and I set it up to do my fathers Samsung. If you use the right codes I'm sure it will work. You may think you have picked the correct code, even if your set responds to volume, but there may very well be another that will allow you do do the input select as well.
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#4 OFFLINE   cal87

cal87

AllStar

• Registered
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:25 AM

I have a Sharp and it works for me. Can't remember exactly which one I used, but you should be able to figure it out by trial and error. There are only a few to test.

#5 OFFLINE   Slip Jigs

Slip Jigs

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 721 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:48 AM

I also have an Aquos and am able to change the input with the HR20 remote. I didn't do anything extra to set that up - just follow the instructions to control the TV power with the remote, and as long as that works the input button should work (regardless of which device mode the remote is in).

#6 OFFLINE   burnside

burnside

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:19 AM

Thanks guys! Finally got it to work after trying some more codes!

#7 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:16 AM

Thanks guys! Finally got it to work after trying some more codes!

Just a warning, about a problem you might have in the future. Some models of the Aquos LCD with the backlight generate IR interference that overwhelms the IR sensor on the HR20, so the remote stops working, but only in the evening when the backlight switches on automatically. You may need to switch the backlight sensor off, or use RF instead of IR to control your Aquos.

#8 OFFLINE   NYSmoker

NYSmoker

Icon

• Registered
  • 657 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:41 AM

Works fine on my Sharp tv, my Panasonic home theater, and my Xbox 360.
HR21-700 HDMI --> Sharp Aquos 42" LCD
HR20-700 HDMI --> Sharp Aquos 26" LCD .

#9 OFFLINE   burnside

burnside

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:35 PM

Just a warning, about a problem you might have in the future. Some models of the Aquos LCD with the backlight generate IR interference that overwhelms the IR sensor on the HR20, so the remote stops working, but only in the evening when the backlight switches on automatically. You may need to switch the backlight sensor off, or use RF instead of IR to control your Aquos.

I'll check my settings. Thanks for the heads up!

#10 OFFLINE   Juggernaut

Juggernaut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:42 PM

I have a Sharp and it works for me. Can't remember exactly which one I used, but you should be able to figure it out by trial and error. There are only a few to test.

Same here.

spam firewall