Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Any idea of new customer NFL ST promotions or cost?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mccall

mccall

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:17 AM

I'm going to be moving to a new place this weekend and I want to get the HD package and possibly the NFL Sunday Ticket + Superfan. I read on here that a new promotion for new customers regarding NFL ST was (maybe) going to start July 12. Does anyone know what that promotion may include?

I called DTV and the only thing they would do today, over the phone, was $250 for the Sunday Ticket and that didn't include Superfan.

Is the most I can expect, as a new customer, is free superfan or will DTV drop the price of the NFL ST somewhat and include superfan for free?

Should I just go ahead and order the HD package now and wait to see what the NFL ST promotion includes or will I possibly miss out on a deal by doing that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:25 AM

If it's like the last two years, you'll get the Premier package for free for four months when you pay full price for NFL ST... so $70 a month gets you $170 worth of programming for your first four months. There may be other deal "sweetners", but as the details of the new promotion are not out yet, I wouldn't know what they are.

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#3 OFFLINE   convem24

convem24

Icon

• Registered
  • 642 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:32 AM

I'm going to be moving to a new place this weekend and I want to get the HD package and possibly the NFL Sunday Ticket + Superfan. I read on here that a new promotion for new customers regarding NFL ST was (maybe) going to start July 12. Does anyone know what that promotion may include?

I called DTV and the only thing they would do today, over the phone, was $250 for the Sunday Ticket and that didn't include Superfan.

Is the most I can expect, as a new customer, is free superfan or will DTV drop the price of the NFL ST somewhat and include superfan for free?

Should I just go ahead and order the HD package now and wait to see what the NFL ST promotion includes or will I possibly miss out on a deal by doing that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mccall - the promotion that starts on July 12th will be similar to last year except the follow I do know, they are not including NFLST Superfan but you get the NFL ST HD games for free (this is not Superfan but just the NFL Sunday Tickets games in HD with sign up of HD access programming which is the HD fee that Directv setups for HD programming). I am not going to give away anything else since the promo does not start until Thursday but you the promo is basically very similar but increased from last year, you do get the Premier package for 4 month with the promo and DVR service. I will make a post late Wednesday night.

#4 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

• Moderators
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:33 AM

If it's like the last two years, you'll get the Premier package for free for four months when you pay full price for NFL ST... so $70 a month gets you $170 worth of programming for your first four months. There may be other deal "sweetners", but as the details of the new promotion are not out yet, I wouldn't know what they are.

That is the same deal I got when I signed up years ago.

#5 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 961 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:21 AM

that's cool! stupid me didn't even try to get sunday ticket the last couple of years, because i thought the deal was only for NEW customers! so i should be able to get the deal even though i already have D*?

#6 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

• Moderators
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:51 AM

that's cool! stupid me didn't even try to get sunday ticket the last couple of years, because i thought the deal was only for NEW customers! so i should be able to get the deal even though i already have D*?

Yes the deal is only for new customer's.

#7 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 961 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:17 PM

Bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 OFFLINE   shelland

shelland

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:22 PM

Yes the deal is only for new customer's.

New D* customers or new ST customers?

(I already have ST myself, just looking to clarify for anyone that's interested out there.)
Scott

HT Room Pioneer 643hd5 RPTV, HR20 DVR, Onkyo TX-SR604B, Pioneer DV-563A, Paradigm Monitor 7, cc370, adp370, ps1000, Harmony 880, PS3 / Wii
Living Room Sony KDF-E42A10 RP-LCD, HR21 DVR, Yamaha HTR-5250, Yambeka speakers, Harmony 676
Bedroom Panasonic TH-42PX80U Plasma, HR21 DVR DirecTV Total Choice Plus
DVD Collection

#9 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

• Moderators
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:23 PM

New D* customers or new ST customers?

(I already have ST myself, just looking to clarify for anyone that's interested out there.)

New DIRECTV customer's.

#10 OFFLINE   moonman

moonman

Icon

• Registered
  • 798 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:45 PM

This is the current offer..........
http://directv.com/D...-CustRHR-NFL-EB

#11 OFFLINE   Ronder

Ronder

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:46 PM

This is the current offer..........
http://directv.com/D...-CustRHR-NFL-EB

Why on the Sunday Ticket under features, as the NFL Network. I thought that was on some packages without Sunday T.?:confused:

spam firewall